Women buddies are great!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to think that finding chick divers was going to be my "solution" to overzealous manly marathon divers. I discovered some chick divers can out perform some of their male counterparts.

Having said that, I still KINDA prefer chick divers as buddies. But I'm more open than I used to be to diving with male dive buddies. COMMUNICATION is the key. DIVING COMPATIBILITY is key, too.

Thanks to the internet, I have STARTED finding several compatible dive buddies. I like the comfort of knowing what to expect from a particular dive buddy... as opposed to constantly having a new dive buddy. JUST MY .O2 CENTS.

Trish the Fish

Wendryn:
"The OW class I took 3 years ago to start out was filled with 19 year old macho guys and me, definitely not male or macho (or 19... LOL ...never knew 6 years made so much difference!)"

When I cerified last June {at the age of 33}, my class was full of 19 year old college guys and a one 13 yrold kid. Talk about too much macho! Not only did they swim circles around me, but kept calling me "Ma'am".................

My fiance and I make a good scuba team. Matt's been diving for at least 5 or 6 yrs now and I've learned alot from his past experience. This year I want to get my advanced cert so I can dive wrecks w/out a guide. We plan on diveing in Belize for our honeymoon!

Wendryn:
"The OW class I took 3 years ago to start out was filled with 19 year old macho guys and me, definitely not male or macho (or 19... LOL ...never knew 6 years made so much difference!)"

When I cerified last June {at the age of 33}, my class was full of 19 year old college guys and a one 13 yrold kid. Talk about too much macho! Not only did they swim circles around me, but kept calling me "Ma'am".................

My fiance and I make a good scuba team. Matt's been diving for at least 5 or 6 yrs now and I've learned alot from his past experience. This year I want to get my advanced cert so I can dive wrecks w/out a guide.

Back
Top Bottom