Winter diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh~~~~God...
How can you drive your car on the highway? All sport has some risk depending on how you play. I have one friend who died at the ski resort. I also got injured once while I jumped on the slope when I was in college. I know someone who died due to sky diving accident.

Get the proper training and keep your limits. Otherwise, there is nothing to play except the Xbox or PS2.

Diesel298, Wow. It is you who own that boat. dbg40 sent some nice pictures and introduced the boat and the wreck. I definately want to check out your boat and wreck with dbg40 (if he is ok) this coming Spring.

hoosier:
Oh~~~~God...
How can you drive your car on the highway? All sport has some risk depending on how you play. I have one friend who died at the ski resort. I also got injured once while I jumped on the slope when I was in college. I know someone who died due to sky diving accident.

Get the proper training and keep your limits. Otherwise, there is nothing to play except the Xbox or PS2.

Diesel298, Wow. It is you who own that boat. dbg40 sent some nice pictures and introduced the boat and the wreck. I definately want to check out your boat and wreck with dbg40 (if he is ok) this coming Spring.

Whew.. .... o no no no i dont own the boat.
im just Crew (bottom left pic on the staff section of the website www.underseaexploration.com )
The owner of the boat is Capt. Michael Jensen
Running a boat as demanding as Seeker is alot for any man so i do what i can to
help people with questions. spread the word, and do my best to help with the day to day operation, keep up with maintence, and once in a while enjoy a dive or two.

dbg40 as well as his dive buddy jim jam are both good guys and good divers.
they have been aboard Seeker, and i have dove with them from shore as well..
just have to watch where they discharge there pee valves ( seems to becoming a running joke)

I look forward to meeting you on Seeker
we will be running charters thru the winter months as well..

Ray

never heard of any boats , if you want to dive the Vineryard or the Cape let me Know. I try to dive all year long.

xtreme9m:
never heard of any boats

did you read this thread??????????
3 different services where named that are running during winter months
one in great detail

Thanks for your clarification, Ray. I will let you know when I am ready. :D

xtreme9m:
never heard of any boats , if you want to dive the Vineryard or the Cape let me Know. I try to dive all year long.

You are joking, aren't you?

Please seek for

Seeker

she-diver:
I couldnt dive on that boat it would freak me out. How many diver's died on that boat?
I thought that boat was built before i was born and has retired. :reaper:

How many divers have died in the ocean?

I think our closest call or most dangerous dive was the Dec. Beavertail dive 2 years ago. We went out to lunch after and a few snow flakes started falling. By time we headed back to Ct, a total blizzard let loose and it took us about 6 hrs to get to central Ct from Wakesfield, RI. We got off the ice coated highway and went thru Mystic - Groton etc.Then the blinding blizzard on Rt 9 had me on the edge of my seat. 30 mph in my buddies truck felt like 70 mph. No lights on Rt 9 either.
Don't want to ever go thru a dive like that again. Now thats were maybe most of the danger comes from diving.

she-diver:
I couldnt dive on that boat it would freak me out. How many diver's died on that boat?
I thought that boat was built before i was born and has retired. :reaper:

Most of those deaths were from:

Diving solo, equipment, being out of shape, diving beyond current training.

So, always dive with a buddy, be sure your equipment is in good working order and proper for the dives you're doing, stay in shape, and dive within your trianing/experience.

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom