Winter diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus:
Freezing head that makes you think you gonna pass out underwater.
On my first Portland quarry dive with dbg40 I felt this way but I didn't let him know it but I made sure to stay close by.
Frozen hands not letting you remove you or your buddies gear.
Breach of a seal by cold water.
Fatigue from all the weight and tightness of the clothing if you overdress.
Cold water that aggravates sensitive teeth.
Getting caught in a current or swell were you cant do much because of all the gear.
Fumbling with buttons clip etc with thick gloves or mitts.
Mask fogging or not being able to put it on with thick gloves in the water and tucking it under the hood.
Regulater free flows from freezing.
Failure to secure your zipper or having a colar or cloting under the seal and getting a leak and making it back to the exit cold.
Slipping on ice.
Tank slipping off due to frozen tank band and not being able to take off your gear to fix it.

Cool, thanks for that list, I'll keep it in mind. My goal in life at the moment is to see a nudibranch and to stay under for more than 20 minutes so I am not going to do anything adventurous. I have yet to make it out to the wall and see the anemones anyway so I'm sure they'll still be there when it gets warmer.

Who is gonna be high bidder? :devil:

I tell you guys. The shop had this suit for a year or 2 and I tried it on. It was a brand new Oceanic Flex that fit perfect except the boots were tight. Well I eventually bought it for $500. I mean a brand new trilam (not bilam like Nexgen) suit with a hose and zipper wax and lube. Well after a few dives and washing the interior, I realized the lable was cut off so I wonder if this was actually a ladies suit origionally or a unisex suit. I may never know since this was an Oceanic demo suit and they only produced and made a few. Besides the tight boots it is antonomically correct, there is no extra room in the chest area and the wrist seals are loose fitting.

*points and laughs* ScubaSarus wears a LADIES drysuit! :devil:
In all seriousness I'm not sure ladies suits are that roomy in the chest but they are cut differently. My suit ought to come today so there will a be a full report on how it is cut exactly.

she-diver:
I couldnt dive on that boat it would freak me out. How many diver's died on that boat?
I thought that boat was built before i was born and has retired. :reaper:

she-diver:
I dove with Cape Ann a few times, Great people. Thanks

Just an FYI - people have died on CAD charters as well.

paulithepin:
I don't think a boat is capable of causing death! Divers are responsible for their own safety, no matter how they get to a dive site.

Tell that to all the guys who've been run over by one, either in the lakes or on the coast. On the other hand, though. You're right about a dive boat causing the death of the diver, with the few exceptions where the dive boat opertors were clearly negligent (it's still not the boat's fault, though.) Of course, you can argue that a boat operator is just a glorified bus driver, but in this age of litigation before personal responsibility, you should expect a boat operator to do his best to cover his rear.

Diesel,
Don't worry about people who wouldn't want to go on the Seeker because they would be paranoid about the history or rumors. I thought the type of people who embrace diving are the more adventerous people , and people capable of overcoming fear with logic. If they can't think that much outside the box I wouldn't want to dive with them in the first place! They are probably not capable of handing much in life anyway - nevermind emergency underwater situations.
The Seeker looks like an AMAZING boat and I hope to go off her one day.

jchaplain:
Diesel,
Don't worry about people who wouldn't want to go on the Seeker because they would be paranoid about the history or rumors. I thought the type of people who embrace diving are the more adventerous people , and people capable of overcoming fear with logic. If they can't think that much outside the box I wouldn't want to dive with them in the first place! They are probably not capable of handing much in life anyway - nevermind emergency underwater situations.
The Seeker looks like an AMAZING boat and I hope to go off her one day.

Couldnt have said it better myself!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom