Winter diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikeflip22:
she-diver you seem kind of paranoid:babycrawl

Hey, that's a little unfair, I think it is pretty normal for people to be a bit intimidated by the Seeker. Diesel probably has a cut and paste form letter to for all the "This is not a just tech boat" responses I have seen him have to make! :wink:

And besides, even though the Seeker does do recreational dives, the vast majority of it seems to be fairly advanced stuff like the U-853, so while they may be a nice boat, they still aren't for everyone. I even seem to recall that they require AOW as a minimum for anyone that dives with them (Diesel correct me if I am wrong).

bikeflip22:
she-diver you seem kind of paranoid:babycrawl

You think. Well maybe i am paranoid. I tell you what, im very surprised that some of you are trying to push me on to a boat that i am clearly afraid to go on.

RIOceanographer:
Hey, that's a little unfair, I think it is pretty normal for people to be a bit intimidated by the Seeker. Diesel probably has a cut and paste form letter to for all the "This is not a just tech boat" responses I have seen him have to make! :wink:

And besides, even though the Seeker does do recreational dives, the vast majority of it seems to be fairly advanced stuff like the U-853, so while they may be a nice boat, they still aren't for everyone. I even seem to recall that they require AOW as a minimum for anyone that dives with them (Diesel correct me if I am wrong).

Thank you.:05:

Diesel298:
Whew.. .... o no no no i dont own the boat.
im just Crew (bottom left pic on the staff section of the website www.underseaexploration.com )
The owner of the boat is Capt. Michael Jensen
Running a boat as demanding as Seeker is alot for any man so i do what i can to
help people with questions. spread the word, and do my best to help with the day to day operation, keep up with maintence, and once in a while enjoy a dive or two.

dbg40 as well as his dive buddy jim jam are both good guys and good divers.
they have been aboard Seeker, and i have dove with them from shore as well..
just have to watch where they discharge there pee valves ( seems to becoming a running joke)

I look forward to meeting you on Seeker
we will be running charters thru the winter months as well..

Ray

I took the time to read some of your old post. I think you are doing more harm to the Seeker than good. Im geeting the feeling that you guys arnt doing very well if you pushing new divers on to your boat.

she-diver:
I took the time to read some of your old post. I think you are doing more harm to the Seeker than good. Im geeting the feeling that you guys arnt doing very well if you pushing new divers on to your boat.

Im not trying to push anyone on the boat

yes AOW is required..
the most of our diving is wrecks, and is greater than 60 feet
so by default that counts as a AOW dive.

some LDS have charted the boat for use as training there AOW divers.

im just recorrecting incorrect info thats cylcles thru the internet
your first thought on Seeker where you thought it was retired..
and then your thoughts where you where uneasy with the history of the boat due to fatalities...

people have chimed in saying how comfortable the baot was

hey? you dont wanna dive off Seeker dont. But make it a valid reason
I never EVER suggested somone that was not capable of diving from her even attempt it without proper trainng
What I want to know from any of you.
If you haver read any of the posts now or in the past... where people make incorrect assumptions about Seeker what should i do just read them and go on with my day
or attempt to correct that info ???
somone says that we are too hard core and cater to the Tech crowd...
well we dont so im not allowed to correct that misinformation?
im just supposed to let people who dont know a freakin thing spread rumors about my livleyhood?
what do you all do for work..???
i have always tried to be helpfull in any way possable to people asking questions
correcting mis information`. and nothing more..
if wreck diving is not you cup of tea..... fine i have no problem. to each his own

i guess i have to realize that this is the time of year when most divers stop diving due to weather
and inturn they go to the internet and make issues.

one last finaly thought..

before youi ever step foot on any dive charter boat that has been operating for a reasonable amount of time. you migt want to look into the history of the boat...
Seekeres misfortunes are just more public due to Shadow Divers.

Diesel298:

i guess i have to realize that this is the time of year when most divers stop diving due to weather

Diesel are you talking about your self?

seabulley:
Diesel298:

Diesel are you talking about your self?

why do you say that
because im trying to clarify things
and people get all defensive.
i think this al started when somone else sid she-diver was paraniod, andthe flaming turned im my direction...

Back
Top Bottom