Winter diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog:
I know for a fact that Cape Ann Divers run year-round, and Northern Atlantic Dive run charters in the winter, as well.

Id like to get some info on Northern Atlantic also. Thanks:D

she-diver:
I couldnt dive on that boat it would freak me out. How many diver's died on that boat?
I thought that boat was built before i was born and has retired. :reaper:

I can tell you that it is NOT retired, it's a beautiful boat, and there's nothing scary about it! The captain and the crew are professional, exellent divers. Give it a try, and dive a piece of history, you wont be sorry!!

I've never been out with the Seeker so I can't offer an opinion about the operation, but since no one else has pointed it out yet, the boat was also owned/operated by completely different people when all of the deaths occurred so the current owner and crew shouldn't be branded with that reputation.

ok where to start..
i see most of the questioned directed to me have been answered..

thank you to those who have said good words. i really enjoy knowing people enjoyed themselves while on Seeker.

Yes as was said. it is the same boat from Shadow Divers as well as several other books including alot of TDI training manuals.
as far as being freaked out.. the first time i was on the boat i was thinking wow...(to myself..) about the history, both good and bad...and the good far exceeds the bad.. the boat has been places and done things....
Its a stable comfortable boat. built for diving to accomidate divers...
most people leave there feeling pretty good in general about the day they had.
Its not just for the Tech trips either we often take day trips for the everyday recreational diver....
Seeker is long from retirement. we spent 2 months in the yard goin thru every detail of the boat.....let me tell ya. when you have a sander in your hand... that boat gets really big :)
....the center console is not new... we just never marketed it well, and used it more for training when it wasnt feasable to take out the big boat.
But we do have it if the occasion calls for it.
RIOceanographer thanks for the support about Seeker having a new crew and owner... but the former owner, and crews where also excellent people and divers.(some of them where actually pioneers in tech diving) i have met some of them and they most deffinetly deserve no bad reputation.
All the accidents that have happend aboard Seeker, and other technical diving boats are unfortunate and sad.
well enough from me..
those who have not dove on Seeker i hope to see you there... i think you will be happy..
those who have..
i look forward to seeing you again. (pee valves or not)

Ray

dbg40:
I can tell you that it is NOT retired, it's a beautiful boat, and there's nothing scary about it! The captain and the crew are professional, exellent divers. Give it a try, and dive a piece of history, you wont be sorry!!

Well your profile say's you have 2000 dives, I have 58. I dont have the training to do the dives that you guys do. It one thing to dive a piece of history but im to young to be history.

she-diver:
Well your profile say's you have 2000 dives, I have 58. I dont have the training to do the dives that you guys do. It one thing to dive a piece of history but im to young to be history.

its not like that...
we have had people on the boat with less dives than you...
it just depends on what site we dive...
theres something for everyone...
were just another dive boat....

Back
Top Bottom