Windows 10 Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is connected and bonded. When I click "enable services" Perdix shows "Wait Cmnd", but still no dice.....I guess I'l have to wait for MS fix their ****.
Also BT icon is not showing "connected" status.

Weird. Have you tried setting Subsurface-mobile for Perdix AI (or Perdix, whichever one is opposite of what you have)?

Older Perdix were (as I understand it) BT and BTLE. Newer Perdix (non-AI) are now coming as BTLE only. So, if you have a newer Perdix and are telling S-m that you have a Perdix, you might need to tell it Perdix AI instead.

What does MS have to do with any of this? If you're using Windows 7, it's never going to be "fixed" to support BTLE. If you're using a later version of Windows, then the only fix you need is an update to Subsurface to support BTLE (I guess - if you have a Perdix AI or a newer Perdix).

WIN 10 CE, Shearwater desktop worked OK, now it doesn't. Download dives,export to Subsurface.....now, no can do.

Edited to add: right after this post, I tried Shearwater desktop again, and it works...go figure.
Subsurface mobile, still not, but I guess I just have to keep trying.

Last edited:
I couldn't connect to desktop (windows 10) and contacted Shearwater and they advised downloading desktop again so I deleted it and downloaded and reinstalled it and it still wouldn't connect. I restarted my computer and still no connection, I tried several times then decided just to continue using the mobile app. I was about to shut down my laptop and tried it again and it connected, I have no idea what happened but I tried it several times and it seems to be working fine.

My experience so far with Shearwater Desktop on Mac, Shearwater Cloud app on Android, and with Subsurface-mobile on Android, is that it seems like the data transfers are REALLY slow.

I tried updating my Perdix AI firmware from V40 to V44 via SD on Mac and it failed 3 times. The signs and symptoms suggested to me that something was making it so slow that it was randomly timing out in different places.

I eventually tried it using the Shearwater Cloud app (Android, on my phone) and it worked, but it was still REALLY slow. After updating the firmware, I downloaded my whole log from the Perdix AI, which was about 50 dives (since January! Yay, me! :D) and that was also REALLY slow - but it worked.

After that, I got the Subsurface-mobile 2.0 Beta (Android, on my tablet) and downloaded the same dives from there. It was also REALLY slow.

So, now I'm wondering if y'all's problems with Windows 10 is simply things being slow and it randomly times out on you a bunch of times until you get lucky and it happens to run quickly enough to complete without any individual operation timing out. And, once you get the initial updates or downloads done, the subsequent ones don't take as long because they are working with incremental data, so they are less likely to time out.

Just speculation....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom