Shearwater Perdix AI Unable to Connect to Cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Cat

Registered
Reaction score
I am unable to get my Perdix AI to connect to the Shearwater Cloud app on my iPhone and can't get it to connect to the Desktop Cloud app on my MacBook. I changed the bluetooth option to the Legacy Ui (old) bluetooth setting on the iPhone app and it still cannot find my Perdix. The desktop app also just scans and scans and never can find the Perdix. Never had any issue connecting to the old Shearwater dive log software that was pre-cloud. After having this issue I migrated to MacDive to download my dives on my Perdix to keep my dive log. Connects to that with no problems. So I really don't care about connecting to the Shearwater Cloud for the dive log function. However, I still need to be able to connect to the Shearwater Cloud for the firmware updates. Any suggestions?

Strange. For me, the iOS app finds my Perdix each time. The desktop app (Mac) has not always been trouble free. My MacBook is ancient, so that may be part of the problem. I tried many different versions of SW Cloud, and found that some definitely work better than others.

So my recommendation would be to try different versions. I’m currently using 2.6.5 and that seems to work well. The download link on SW website contains the version number. Change the number in the link and try older versions.

Strange. For me, the iOS app finds my Perdix each time. The desktop app (Mac) has not always been trouble free. My MacBook is ancient, so that may be part of the problem. I tried many different versions of SW Cloud, and found that some definitely work better than others.

So my recommendation would be to try different versions. I’m currently using 2.6.5 and that seems to work well. The download link on SW website contains the version number. Change the number in the link and try older versions.
Well I stumbled upon the solution by accident. I had to dive into the Privacy settings then Bluetooth privacy settings on my phone and MacBook and cycle on the Shearwater app to allow permission for the bluetooth to connect.

Back
Top Bottom