Will be in the Ft. Myers area...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks:
Are you planning on diving during your recon weekend?? It looks like the hurricane wont be hitting that shore (hopefully not at all) until early next week - like tuesday or so, at least according to the current models, hopefully you will be fairly safe til then.

Wasn't planning to. No time this trip, as we are meeting with Tractor Company owners and looking for a site for the new store over on the Atlantic side somewhere (I'm thinking Port St. Lucie) while we are there.

However, early next season, I'll probably drive down for a week to work in the existing tractor store, and learn a bit about the business and bring my gear. I'll try to get in some diving then, probably late in January or early in February....

I'll get a chance to meet some of you folks then....

frankenmuth_tom:
Wasn't planning to. No time this trip, as we are meeting with Tractor Company owners and looking for a site for the new store over on the Atlantic side somewhere (I'm thinking Port St. Lucie) while we are there.
Should be some prime "cleared" land by the time you are ready to set up, the more cane's they bring in the more land will be freed up from its current use :wink: PSL was hit this last weekend pretty hard.

simbrooks:
Should be some prime "cleared" land by the time you are ready to set up, the more cane's they bring in the more land will be freed up from its current use :wink: PSL was hit this last weekend pretty hard.

I know this sounds a bit harsh, coming from a 'northerner' who is looking at buying in Florida next year, but US News says that the south Florida real estate market will be a bit 'depressed' for the next year or two, because of the hurricane damage, and it makes it a 'buyers' market for us. I don't want to try and profit off the misery of other people, but lets face it, Florida real estate prices are bordering on the absurd and any little edge I can get right now, I'll try to use. So, we'll be looking between PSL and WPB area for the new tractor store site and for a new house for the wife and I after we sell the farm here in Frankenmuth....

Give us another few hurricanes and we can start building beachfront in Orlando!! Shame i dont own my house waiting on that to happen. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom