Moving to Germany and hoping to continue diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You also have dozens of gravel pits along the Rhine river, and some are free to dive on your own, like Apostelsee (near Europa Park, you will probably hear about it soon). Welcome in the region !

Rad! I just got my orders on Monday after a month and a half of delays. same user name on the Gram feel free to keep in touch!

I've moved a total of 24 miles in the last 22 years and when I was enlisted, I didn't have anything so PCS'ing was no biggie. Now, at 46, I'm spazzing out! But it'll be groovy. One step at a time!

We moved alot while growing up as my dad was an Army Finance Office. I recall seeing my parents, especially my mom, "spazzing out" quite regularly getting the house and all 3 of us kids ready for us to move!

We moved alot while growing up as my dad was an Army Finance Office. I recall seeing my parents, especially my mom, "spazzing out" quite regularly getting the house and all 3 of us kids ready for us to move!
This weekend was definitely one of those with the movers doing a walk through, realtor coming by, some diving in as I'm still motivated to finish what I started, a going away party, and lunch with friends. Sitting at work now is a "break". Ha!

Rad! I just got my orders on Monday after a month and a half of delays. same user name on the Gram feel free to keep in touch!

I've moved a total of 24 miles in the last 22 years and when I was enlisted, I didn't have anything so PCS'ing was no biggie. Now, at 46, I'm spazzing out! But it'll be groovy. One step at a time!
This is my 8th duty station in 17 years and we still freak out when we have to PCS at one point or another. I will definitely add you on the gram though and I will let you know when I am in country and ready to go.

Hope you enjoy it here.

There are plenty of lakes available, as well as in austria and switzerland. You can dive in the North or Baltic sea as well.
If you enjoy wreck diving you should definitely have a look at northern croatia! Thats not too far away, however you need to pass mountains: have a day of before returning..

The situation what is allowed and not depends on the federal state. You can check out with a local dive store.

There are several ways you can go:
Dive in a commercial club of some dice location/store with a monthly fee. Usually you have some benefits.
Go with a "Verein", so VDST as someone already posted. That is kind of a sporta club, but organized like a non profit association. You have to pay a monthly fee as well.
Third option is of course find a buddy and dive inpendently. You may find someone in the two options above.

Some locations you may want to visit:
Hemmor
Kreidesee Messinghausen
Sundhäuser See Nordhausen
And depending Bergwerk Nuttlar, which is a mine.

I am located more north so too far away.

Sorry just to add. I seem to be a bit confused lately. By reviewing i found a mistake in names.

Its
Kreidesee Hemmor
See im Berg Messinghausen
I mixed up both names somehow.

Plese note the requirement of minimal experience and cold water equipment (meaning minimum 1 tank with 2 valves and two 1st stages certified for cold water).
At depth you have around 4-8°C...

There is also a german scuba board, where you may put an "advertisment" seeking for buddy. Not sure if I am allowed to post the url

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom