Will an Aluminum Scuba tank explode when shot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle:
Two threads on ScubaBoard and one thread on SpearBoard...

Why not add another thread to this. what the heck!

Evad knows where he can get a good deal on a Halcomb Wing. Kyle could put the wing on the tank for when he shoots it.

I mean, afterall, it was a really good deal according to Evad. heh. :)

H2Andy:
It's sort of hard to resist :wink:
If stupidity was painful there would be a nickel rocket off this board thrashing around on the ground next to a shot up scuba tank, holding his head in both hands while emitting an endless series of high-pitched screams...

Scott, I think you have to remember that Kyle is the guy that started the thread "chicks dig scars"

and complete lunacy holds a morbid facination for the majority of people, hence the popularity of jack-*** and the wild boys etc.

I dont think there are many people out there that would consider anything involving high pressure containers and large caliber weapons in the same place as safe or try and copy.

As darwin is my withness and Kyles missing apendages prove..

If I'm not mistaken, this is the second post whalerkyle has made about exploding SCUBA tanks. I can't believe we are all paying any attention to this (myself included).

Dr. Bill

one day, it won't be ScubaBoard anymore

it will be WhalerKyleBoard

The day is here!!! Has Kyle blown up the tank? Did they survive? Does he have video? Stay tuned and find out.

PS.. my money is on the tank.

Thinking about it.

30 06, a thick walled aluminum cylinder, my bet is the round ricochets and the best he gets is a crease. Unless he shoots the bottom of the cylinder.

TwoBit

houston, do we have a bowed up tank?

TwoBitTxn:
Thinking about it.

30 06, a thick walled aluminum cylinder, my bet is the round ricochets and the best he gets is a crease. Unless he shoots the bottom of the cylinder.

TwoBit

At close range ..maybe kaboom but probably not. Of course I don't think anyone in their right mind would stand that close to one and pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom