Will an Aluminum Scuba tank explode when shot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whalerkyle:
Do you really care? Are you going to watch the video? What's your beef with me?

hehehehe... i think we're all a little guilty of pulling your chain on this one

it's sort of hard to resist

do you think you could end up with a specialty from some dive agency for blowing
tanks up? i think if they have a time limit, you might be SOL :wink:

whalerkyle:
Do you really care? Are you going to watch the video? What's your beef with me?

I only care because it is foolish, regardless of whether or not it blows up.

No, I will not watch the video.

I have no "beef" with you, I just think it is a bad idea, and definetly not worth 3 different threads of basically, "Hey ya'all, watch this".

Is there any of that that you don't understand?

Here is my question for you: When some kid reads this stuff, goes and trys the same thing, and seriously injures himself, are you even going to care?

If you were honestly concerned with which bullet would penetrate the tank, why wouldn't you find a "guns and ammo" forum to ask the question, instead of looking for attention on ScubaBoard and SpearBoard?

ScottZeagle:
I only care because it is foolish, regardless of whether or not it blows up.

No, I will not watch the video. Ya ok. :wink:

Is there any of that that you don't understand? Nope.

Here is my question for you: When some kid reads this stuff, goes and trys the same thing, and seriously injures himself, are you even going to care? Sure I'll care.

QUOTE]

I got tired of everyone fighting so I took my Alum. 80 tank out to the desert and shot it and here is the results. Now we know :D

Just think of what would of happened with a PST E-8 130 ! :11:

I did learn a valuable lesson though - Always wear safety glasses.

Don't let Scott bring you down Kyle...his company's regs are cheap Apeks knock-offs (wink)...you're gonna have to find someone with a .50 cal...probably with a light armor piercing round...probably at about 50 yards or so should be good. You must succeed...for the good of mankind (Darwin's theory still needs testing)...

Children, please do not try this at home. If you do, you could kill yourself...and it would hurt...really bad. Do not play with SCUBA tanks...they are potential bombs when filled with gas. Just check back for video of yer old eUncle Kyle...he'll show you why you shouldn't F-around with yer daddy's SCUBA tanks!!! BOOM!

Squashie:
Beer abuse aside, Tom...did you have access to any high octane fuel? If so, open a drain plug ever so slightly on a fuel tank and let the fuel drip onto the top of the can and run down the sides...evaporative cooling. Works wonderfully to make normally hot beer very chilled in a short amount of time. Rubbing alcohol might also work in the absence of petrol. Necessity IS the mother of invention! :eyebrow:

My apologies for the distraction from this thread but, warm/hot beer is inexcusible.

A CO2 fire extinguisher will cool a case in no time.

Can someone at the range get a Barrett 50, that would do the trick.

Keep your head down:peepwalla

Is the big event still on for April 16? I don't know how many more delays I can handle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom