DIR- Generic Why use GUE nitrox only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technically with nitrox 32 you can hit 125ft without any issue. Will I prob nope, maybe a lower % o2 will be a better mix IMO
GUE norms are Nitrox 32% to 100', past that Trimix. Because GUE limits the PpO2 during the "working portion" of the dive.

GUE banned me for life for showing up at a training dive in the swimming pool with a tank of EAN21.
Why in the world would any agency care if someone uses 21 in a pool session?

I went to get my tank fill at Gue store and I ask for air and I got schooled for using air… but no real reason why Gue only use nitrox? Can someone educate me properly?
Thanks!
And when your tanks are full of air but you have the opportunity to join charter for 2x 90ft dives what to you do? Show up with the air when your buddies are on nitrox? Dump and refill?

And when your tanks are full of air but you have the opportunity to join charter for 2x 90ft dives what to you do? Show up with the air when your buddies are on nitrox? Dump and refill?
Same applies if you have 32% and you have the opportunity to dive a 130ft wreck. Best to have the right gas for the planned dives.

Same applies if you have 32% and you have the opportunity to dive a 130ft wreck. Best to have the right gas for the planned dives.
Which wouldnt be a single tank nitrox dive nor and air dive either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feel free to bring best mix on a GUE charter though

Why in the world would any agency care if someone uses 21 in a pool session?
It's just Harry whining about how GUE touched his sensitive skin

While high ppN2 definitely sucks, and should be avoided whenever possible--EFFECTIVELY this also seems like an onboarding tactic. You should probably just throw away your defiled air tank now, and start a credit card tab for exclusive GUE tuition. You will only breathe from cylinders from now on. [Wake up, Neo.]

Right away, you are not even breathing normal air. You are in the GUE fold now. You are breathing a GUE Standard Gas! No they didn't technically invent EAN32, but they did make it holy. 🙏🏼 It's not even Kool Aid. It is really a better gas. GUE better!

Soon you will only dive with GUE divers. The 'normie' divers will soon appear to you like third world relics of a bygone 20th century, chugging down their gross air like drowning farm animals, while they plow the fields of your dive site with fins like tilling machines.

Some day, maybe 75 dives later, if you are perfect in every way, you may be invited to join your fellow members in breathing the even holier 21/35. 🙏🏼

Standardization is Safety! Twin tanks Good!

[AI may or may not have assisted in the generation of this content.]

All of GUE's recreational decompression/safety stops are based on 32% also.

Having a few GUE certifications, I will admit I do use evil air on occasion....I have 2 alum 80 dedicated to air (marked properly) for my beach diving, max, max depth is about 35', average being 20', so there is absolutely no benefit to EAN mixes, IMHO......but keep this between you and me :)
Please report to HQ for Re-EDGE-ucation within the week. All your weakness will be corrected and forgiven, brother! 🙏🏼

I don't see the benefits of using 32% for a 50ft dive...

Suppose you intend making a first dive (i.e., a non-repetitive dive). Then:

1. Assuming a normal, leisurely U/W finning RMV of 0.45 cu ft per min (say), how long will a full HP100 (102 cu ft @ 3,500 psig) last you at 50 fsw?

2. A 50 fsw dive using air has NDL = ??? min

3. A 50 fsw dive using EAN32 has NDL = ??? min. (Use END calculation.)

Someone already mentioned that the real benefit of using EAN32 (instead of air) for a 50 fsw dive is realized with the repetitive dive.

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom