Why Salvo Regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foglesre

Contributor
Reaction score
So I'm looking to buy a set of regulators for some introductory tech diving. I see very good reviews of these regulators coming out of Taiwan--Salvo, Oxycheq, Sea Elite, Scubamax, etc.

So why would one buy Salvo regulators versus say the Sea Elite regulators. The Salvo SR3/SRX combo runs about $380 each. The comparable Sea Elite Tek X06 regulators are at about $250 each. So is there any justification for buying the Salvos for an extra $130 each?

Alternatively I could convert my Oceanic CDX over to DIN and purchase another similar for a more economic setup...

Bob

I was thinking the same as the OP. I was actually just looking at the Salvo SR3/SRX and was wondering why I would buy one of them instead of the Scubamax RG-1008/XR2002. I already have one of the scubamax regs and I was just wondering what the difference was between it and the Salvo SR3.

Phil

I have the Sea Elite XO6 and the only difference between it and the Salvo SR3/SRX is the face plate on the second stage. Diver's Supply is running a special on them for $200 right now. The route great for doubles. The only reason I would go w/ Salvo is if you do not have a local dealer. Salvo has great customer service and they also sell parts kits. I have a local Diver's Supply that has always been great to me so I am happy w/ my regs.

The Scubamax RG-1008/XR2002 are the same as the older Salvo regs (SR2, older second stage) that is the same as TDL, Oxycheq, DR, etc. All are fine regs.

Edit- Acutally, I think I misspoke. It looks like the 1008 is the same first stage as the SR3/X06 but the second stage is the older model. And it looks like you might be able to get parts kits on divesports.com as well.

You can get the service kits from Divesports.com for the Scuba Max regs...

So there really is no difference in them. I thought that was probably the case but I was not sure...

Thanks
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom