Why I should Not be Solo Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Concerning Laguna, are you telling me that if I pull up in my private boat and jump in the water with no snorkel the police are going to arrest me?

Once upon a time I had a really fast car and I got stopped. I told the copper, I don't care, give me the ticket and he did and when he told me to go in peace I floored it and let the turbo wind up a bit--guess what--he stopped me and gave me another ticket--lol. Well, you see, he was right, driving fast on a public road could endanger other people (other than paid professionals) but my diving solo or without a snorkel or with my MOFH or with a double hose regulator does not endanger anybody so the "Man" needs to bug out of my buisness. JonC, shame on you, you old malcontent, you have given in to the "Man," "dude." N

Kevrumbo:
. . .And of course the worst and most careless de facto Solo Divers are the Photographers (i.e. "Underwater Paparazzi") . . .:wink:

Ouch....but maybe true!:wink: Hey a camera can be as good as a big knife!

Blinding the shark
Beating the shark
Taking a picture of the shark going after your buddie instead...priceless.

Kevrumbo:
. . .And of course the worst and most careless de facto Solo Divers are the Photographers (i.e. "Underwater Paparazzi") . . .:wink:

Of course. We all have a death wish...:wink:

Kevrumbo:

Uh oh, bully man is here.

Close up the town!

Yikes he is DIR too.

Jon, you however, are reasonable.

Concerning Laguna, are you telling me that if I pull up in my private boat and jump in the water with no snorkel the police are going to arrest me?

I think SO, and you can't solo either wildman. But the dive guides don't have to get in and guide the commercial dive charters.....

Like we said, better to think for yourself. I sorta could have used a dive guide my first time in the kelp. Had no idea where I was going, did not know how to snap kelp, my buddy did not see me ascend into a bloom. ugly. Now, had I NOT had a buddy, there is no way I would have even gotten in that situation by myself, cause I would not have elected to do the dive.

Nemrod:

I already gave them your name...However, they indicated they would rather arrest Catherine...:D

Nemrod:
JonC, shame on you you old malcontent, you have given in to the "Man," "dude." N

I know, I am so ashamed!!! I think I'll go buy a blacklight, a lava lamp, a tie dye t-shirt and try to get back some respect....Aw, who am I kidding, I'm gonna buy some Walmart stock, invest in industrial property and re-new my subscription to the Wall Street Journal...I am so ashamed......:(

lil_wings: Tombstone...right on....

Nemrod:

Citation maybe .... arrest, no :wink: In practice, you basically just need to be able to provide evidence that you have a snorkel on your person if asked to do so by local authorities. Absolutely nothing says that you actually have to use it. Additionally, there's is no legal definition of what actually satisfies the snorkel requirement other than a tube that you can breath through. Consequently, many of us keep a small piece of garden hose in our dry suit pockets during the peak beach months (Summer) in the rare case that we get stopped by a lifeguard.

Hey Nemrod, you and I need to go to Hawaii and altogether dive solo with Catherine.

captain:
Hey Nemrod, you and I need to go to Hawaii and altogether dive solo with Catherine.

We need to start a society. Dennis could be in it too. Nemrod you could be the new solo "GI". We could collect your posts and make you an urban legend.

Back
Top Bottom