Why are so many folks selling their Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Appearances can be deceiving, please share which electronic device is 100% reliable? Which companies make their own batteries?

Lex...

I have never...ever...experienced a fault of any type with my chosen brand of DC...and I've been diving with what could be termed as ''modern'' dive computers since 2006...

As far as Shearwater ''experience''...with all the fault concerns that have been reported as it relates to the TERIC...as close a relationship I want to have is...''once told...twice shy...or how about...''you've been warned''...

I don't know what batteries have to do with anything...unless the manufacturer(s) are intentionally buying second rate batteries from contract suppliers because they are cheaper than the time tested brands...and if that's the case...shame on them...they deserve all the problems they're having...unfortunately...the problems are being shuffled down to the consumers...

I can get far better dive gear ''value for money''...than I can from spending upward to 2 G's CDN...for a product that has clearly been identified as being fault ridden...

As far as my preferred DC brand...I've no intention of getting into that argument...

W...

@W W Meixner, I have had a very positive experience with Shearwater over the years. Truth be told, now that I'm pushing 70, I don't use my Petrel for much of anything (other than finding my way back home) as I'd need a dredge to get me deeper than twenty-some feet where I dive. I'm old and realistic. I love diving.

So I'll call you out, you can call me out. You advertise yourself as a rebreather pilot? No?

When was the last time your gills were wet? How many years?

Your information appears to be based on nothing more than vapors...

You approve of WWM's posts and attitude? I find him tiresome.
Like many of us, he has been around long enough to have his own opinions. Now George Irvine the 3rd, was opinionated and didn't ever pull back on his comments, many of which have become classics. I may not have agreed with him, all the time, but I certainly learned.

Michael

Lex...

I have never...ever...experienced a fault of any type with my chosen brand of DC...and I've been diving with what could be termed as ''modern'' dive computers since 2006...

As far as Shearwater ''experience''...with all the fault concerns that have been reported as it relates to the TERIC...as close a relationship I want to have is...''once told...twice shy...or how about...''you've been warned''...

I don't know what batteries have to do with anything...unless the manufacturer(s) are intentionally buying second rate batteries from contract suppliers because they are cheaper than the time tested brands...and if that's the case...shame on them...they deserve all the problems they're having...unfortunately...the problems are being shuffled down to the consumers...

I can get far better dive gear ''value for money''...than I can from spending upward to 2 G's CDN...for a product that has clearly been identified as being fault ridden...

As far as my preferred DC brand...I've no intention of getting into that argument...

W...
Warren;
Curious, your preferred brand? Cost of said brand to the public. Do you know how many Teric’s have been sold? And please list this plague of issues for the Teric.

I too, dive rebreathers and I've go 2 Predators in use as controllers, and 2 Petrel IIs on Fisher cables as backups. A while ago I decided that one rebreather with only one computer could end up being one big problem.
Since I only use them on rebreathers and I want the actual PO2 displayed, I don't have any use for the Perdix or Teric dive computers, but I can understand that others have different priorities. Before I bought a Teric or Perdix, I'd buy an OSTC since I've had years of good experiences with the OSTC and a Uwatec bottom timer.
Michael

@W W Meixner, I have had a very positive experience with Shearwater over the years. Truth be told, now that I'm pushing 70, I don't use my Petrel for much of anything (other than finding my way back home) as I'd need a dredge to get me deeper than twenty-some feet where I dive. I'm old and realistic. I love diving.

So I'll call you out, you can call me out. You advertise yourself as a rebreather pilot? No?

When was the last time your gills were wet? How many years?

Your information appears to be based on nothing more than vapors...

I'll be 71 in May...don't have gills...

Last ribi dive...last October...Tobermory Ontario...and again as soon as the world resumes normal activity...everything is ready...

I'm old and realistic too...have walker...will travel...

vapors???...none here...

My little Darling in the second photo...says...'''go kiss a duck''...

W...

Screenshot (12).png

blah.png

A couple of years ago I also bought a Uwatec Tec2g, which i never learned to like. I don't appreciate small print on small displays coupled with a confusing menu system. Maybe I'll be able to swap it for a new Scubapro Bottom Timer after I get set up in Lake City.

Michael

Everyone's different and usage can make a big difference in preference. I have a Petrel2, a Teric, and 2nd Petrel2 that is hardwired as the controller for my rebreather.

For OC tech and recreational diving I prefer the layout and simplicity of the Teric. I havent had any battery life issues with mine. For CCR I prefer the Petrel2 as my backup. Overall for the diving I do I use the Petrel2 a lot more.

I get why some people sell theirs. It's really nice having a simple changeable battery in case you forget to charge it. The screen is easy to read but some may find it too small, especially for those with impaired vision.

Back
Top Bottom