Whose moronic idea was it to stamp the cylinder crown?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool
That begs the question - does it pass because it's not in use?
Not sure what you mean. It was in active use for 100 years.

I am confused.
I thought it's not beeing used anymore
It isn't. It was in service from 1904 to 2004. That is 100 years. The last hydro expired in 2004. When it came in for test, the retester noticed that it had never been restamped and they can't legally do it anymore.

It isn't. It was in service from 1904 to 2004. That is 100 years. The last hydro expired in 2004. When it came in for test, the retester noticed that it had never been restamped and they can't legally do it anymore.
Oh i get it now
Really awesome!

Was it used for diving? What fits that thread?

I am with the OP on this one - stamping a cylinder may not be the most elegant, modern way to indicate that it passed tests. A good sticker could do. But then some jokers would replace the sticker w/o tests; hence, the stamp.

It is just another example of PADI and the deep state trying to control our lives. Stand up for your rights, get a big angle grinder and grind off all those numbers.
Wait - PADI is part of the DEEP STATE establishment ?!?

This explains SO MUCH !!!

A sticker is not durable enough, especially in busy dive centres where for example the aluminium bottles get chucked onto the back of a truck, banging against one another.

A permanent solution like stamping is superior.
Yep. I have seen visual inspection stickers not last more than a month. Here is another thought about those visualization stickers--a quick Google search will get you a variety of sources for visual inspection stickers you can put on yourself.

Yep. I have seen visual inspection stickers not last more than a month. Here is another thought about those visualization stickers--a quick Google search will get you a variety of sources for visual inspection stickers you can put on yourself.
If that is your concern, a trip to Harbor Freight or Amazon will get you stamp sets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom