Who's diving this weekend and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You get to lead tomorrow Iztok, I'm always the one trying to keep up (and I never lead, maybe now we know why). Love my split fins :)
Glad to be able to introduce you to the Pacific :)

It is all cool, it is all cool! I loved it anyways!

I just switched from split fins (Tusa) to Hollis F1s with spring straps.

I just switched from split fins (Tusa) to Hollis F1s with spring straps.

I have Tusa splits and just bought a set of F1 fins that have yet to get wet. Are you saying you don't like the F1s as well as the Tusas?

I have Tusa splits and just bought a set of F1 fins that have yet to get wet. Are you saying you don't like the F1s as well as the Tusas?

I like both. Tusa split fins are really easy on your leg but one has to fin quite hard and provides less control. It is hard to go backward in them etc...

Hence I got F1s and my legs hurt when I do flutter kick but they have great control and I like them. Definitely better for current/surge and surf entries.

Looks like a good diving day... Have fun guys

Thanks Ben! BW was lots of fun on Saturday, about 15' of vis. It was pretty calm Robert/Eric & I had a great time diving together. Later had a fun dinner with Doc Wong, Pacificgal & Robert.

Today Robert and I dove Lobos. It was absolutely beautiful weather topside. There was more swell than Sat @ BW but vis opened up to 20' vis by middle reef and it was pretty calm 40ft and deeper - Robert and I had a fantastic dive with lots of nudi hunting!

Met some cool Swedish divers who flew all the way to the USA just to dive Lobos. I can see why. I love that place :)!

Thanks Robert, Eric, Harry (Doc) & Kristina for making this such a terrific weekend :)!

Last edited:
Im with Kathy! What a great weekend for diving! Breakwater was nice and calm and Lobos today was beautiful. We(kathy actually) Found plenty of nudi's and some big ole fish. I had an absolute blast trying out some new gear and a few new skills.

Eric, it was great meeting and diving with you on Saturday I hope we can get together again soon.

Harry, thank you for the light help and for pointing towards some amazing videos!

Kathy great dives!!! We will be seeing you and Kristina on Wednesday!

We(kathy actually) Found plenty of nudi's and some big ole fish.

Don't sell yourself short - you found plenty of nudi's too :)! I think that big fish was a lingcod - it certainly wasn't shy. Excited my sac rate up a few notches when it slid right under my belly :D.

Kathy great dives!!! We will be seeing you and Kristina on Wednesday!

Lobos again! We are so spoiled!

I like both. Tusa split fins are really easy on your leg but one has to fin quite hard and provides less control. It is hard to go backward in them etc...

Hence I got F1s and my legs hurt when I do flutter kick but they have great control and I like them. Definitely better for current/surge and surf entries.

Consider frog kicks. Kick. Coast. Kick. Coast. Easier on the legs, and stirs the
bottom less.

I am so excited to go to Lobos with Kathy, Robert and Don, definitely worh taking a day off work!
I came down to Monterey at 3 pm on Saturday, did 1 dive with Iztok to show him the kelp and tool around some rocks 30 degrees off BW. Had a lovely dinner with Kathy, Doc and Robert at Sapporo's. Drove home. Came back Sunday for a boat dive with Iztok on the Express. First dive was to Eric's Pinnacle, saw probably 20-30 dead molas, was very sad. I tried to right one and send him on his way because he was still breathing and trying to move what was left of his fins but he wasn't able to take off and just settled back down to the sand.
The second dive was to Hopkins Deep (or the metridium fields, they said it had 2 names but that's not the met field I am familiar with). There I saw my first live molas, one was jumping out of the water and moving really fast (maybe trying to get away from a sea lion) and the other one when I was underwater, I saw him swimming away pretty fast, only got to see it for a second or two before it was gone into the murk. I also saw a sea butterfly on my descent, it was only about 1.5" long and very reminiscent of the movie The Abyss.
All in all, a great weekend of diving and meeting new friends!

Forgot to add, I also had a scallop swim past me yesterday, swear to you, it was about 4' off the bottom and swam about 5-6' in front of me and then dropped to the sand. Damnedest things I've ever seen, and we were only at 72' or so, so I don't think it was narcosis, because there it was in the sand. What a trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom