who would play you in a tv show about scuba and who would be your sidekick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There has been alot of talk about tv and movies lately involving divng. Say they were going to make a new version of sea hunt using you as a model. :11: :D Who would play you and if anyone could be your sidekick/buddy since we all know Mike Nelson should not have been(?) diving solo, who would that be?(optional) How technical would you want it to be? :14:

Well, if he were still alive, I'd like to see Chris Farley play me!!! As for my sidekick, well, that would be a good role for Tom Cruise!!!

Robert Redford would play me and an actress like Penelope Cruz, Zhang Ziyi or Jessica Alba would be my sidekick (dream on).

drbill:
Robert Redford would play me and an actress like Penelope Cruz, Zhang Ziyi or Jessica Alba would be my sidekick (dream on).

In a similar vein - I would be played by Angelina Jolie (hey we're both brunettes! :D ) and my side kick would be...Johnny Depp, James Marsters or Chow Yun Fat :07:

Is that so bad?

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

Judi Tenuta (as I am a petite goddess) or Janeane Garofalo (cause I am SO sarcastic) would play me with Tom Welling as my sidekick (yummy)

I would like some reality in the show... you know the correct fish in the right environment, people speaking the right language in whatever locale we are supposed to be in, gear that is, you know, actually POSSIBLE.. that kind of thing

Jack Nicholson, and my sidekick would be the gal who plays the hot/sexy blonde in "Sex in the City".

OK, enough of fantasies for one day!

the K

Gillian Anderson if she were taller could be me but I guess I'll settle for Julianne Moore. Since this is fantasy land I get to have a female dive buddy for once so how about a female athlete like Serena Williams or Angela Ruggerio? Continuing with the non-reality vein we get to show up any obnoxious macho male buddy teams we encounter and at the very end of the show they actually thank us and are grateful for sharing tips/techniques or for saving thier butts :D

i would be played by fanny flagg back in the day (since this is fantasy) and who cares who *plays* my buddy? i'd have viggo mortensen for my *actual* buddy...deep happy sigh...

polerin312:
I would like some reality in the show... you know the correct fish in the right environment, people speaking the right language in whatever locale we are supposed to be in, gear that is, you know, actually POSSIBLE.. that kind of thing

You are in fantasy land, Erin. Do you really think this could be done in a TV shopw or a Hollywierd movie?

drbill:
You are in fantasy land, Erin. Do you really think this could be done in a TV shopw or a Hollywierd movie?
I thought that was what we were talking about. :hmmm:
Fantasies... PG rated of course. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom