Who uses DAN tags?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Token

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I see DAN has a site where you can buy ID tags for your gear, along with a signaling mirror and even a dogtag you can wear.

Are these a good idea? Do lots of people use them? Most importantly, would I be revealing myself as a total :dork2: if I used them?

TIA...

Label me a :dork2: if you want then :D. I have the mirron tag that I keep on my BC. It is smal,, and can hurt nothing but might make the word of difference in an emergency (either for the mirror to signal or for the DAN info to get us in touch with them ASAP. THe other tags I do not use.

I wear the dog tag under my wet suit when diving. I think it makes me look cool. Never have used to ID tags or the rest.

Label me a :dork2: if you want then :D. I have the mirron tag that I keep on my BC. It is smal,, and can hurt nothing but might make the word of difference in an emergency (either for the mirror to signal or for the DAN info to get us in touch with them ASAP. THe other tags I do not use.

Ditto for me!

Another dork with a tag on his BC.

I use the Extreme Sports ID www.extremesportsid.com but that's only good for personal identification in case of an emergency and it's perfect for open water swimming which I also do.
The DAN tag sounds like a great idea, I'll look into it. I guess you can add me to the:dork2:club.

I think they meant that they also had the tag on their BC....but I could be wrong.

Oops...my bad.....:sulkoff:

Thanks very much folks...I guess we can all be :dork2: together...

The gear tags interest me in particular. Last trip I thought I had left my reg and its case on the boat, and it was entirely unmarked...considering how generic some items are, it seems like ID tags are a good idea...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom