Who uses DAN tags?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have a tag clipped inside my drysuit pocket. and i have the dan phone # in my cell phone.

I support DAN and I enjoy their Alert Diver magazine. I use the tags and stickers. Not crazy about the mirror. It seems when I wear shinny things exposed, Barracuda take an strong interest. My new reg has a chrome ring on it and last season I had a Cuda get right in my face. It took me a while to figure that one out.

Get the DAN tag it's a great idea. I have diveassure and they send you two insurance cards...one of them has a hole in it so you can attach it to your gear. I have mine zip tied (twice) to my BC. If I go unconscious I want the person who hauls my body (hopefully still alive) to know I have insurance so they can feel free to use medical care which costs lots of money

i have a tag clipped inside my drysuit pocket. and i have the dan phone # in my cell phone.

I would clip the tag onto your BC where it is visible.

Not a dork at all..mine is a Diveassure tag..it's clipped on me (on the B/C) ..If I get into trouble..anyone can see it...and make the call..

I would clip the tag onto your BC where it is visible.

no. linetrap. buddies know where it is.

Your tank is a bigger line trap than a single tag on right shoulder d-ring!

since my tanks are under my arms, i can disentangle them if i need to. nothing will dangle off me to the best of my ability. there is real estate in my pockets, on the bungee, with the waterproof tables, shears, safety spool, and wet notes. that's where it is.

you're not going to talk me out of where i keep my dan tag.

why would the do a crazy thing like change it when so many people have the old phone number on their tags, cards, in their phones, etc?

hopefully the old number rolls to the new number.

I contacted the manufacturer about this and they stated that they contacted DAN who has stated that the old number will remain in service. So the tags are still good.

I wear the DAN dog tag with a regular dog tag that has my name, blood type and regular med insurace carrier listed on it. Since it is around my neck under my exposure suit (i.e. wet suit or dry suit) I can be identified by any Emergency Medical responder if my gear is stripped off. Removal of the divers gear is one of the first things tought in most of the diver rescuse courses I have been through and all of the EMS training I have had.

I also do have the DAN Plus Tag on my BC because it has all kinds of really important information on it including who to call (i.e. spouse), who your medical insurance is, allergies to medications, blood type, etc. I don't like the cheesy plastic clip they provide though, it looks like it would be easy to break.

Does the Diveassure tag come with the purchase of insurance from them? Does the DAN tag come with a membership purchase?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom