Who here listens to Dive talk?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
pretty good show, but I have to say for Woody having 7000+ dives, they seem to make some comments to me as a cold water diver on dry suits that is BS. They have an episode just on dry suits and specially say that every dry suit pee valve leaks. This is so untrue or you have a crappy dry suit. Gus makes a comment about wearing a diaper lol instead of using a pee valve. Comments like this just tell me they do not have much experience in a Dry suit and divers listening to this show then come to me saying pee valves don't work because Gus said so. Another comment Woody makes is, he claims he wore 38 lbs with a dry suit he had to wear in Iceland. This dude is a tooth pick. If he wore 38 lbs, he'd sink like a rock. I'm 182 lbs and wear 22 lbs with a dry suit and under garments with an aluminum tank. What are you guys thoughts? Over all, I love the show but this episode was stupid and way wrong. Who wants to do a reaction video to this one? lol

What channel, when is it on? Available in Canada?
I wear 42 pounds in my 7 mil farmer john (I'm 205 pounds). I don't think 38 pounds in a drysuit is out of line at all (though I've never owned a drysuit).

What channel, when is it on? Available in Canada?
I wear 42 pounds in my 7 mil farmer john (I'm 205 pounds). I don't think 38 pounds in a drysuit is out of line at all (though I've never owned a drysuit).

It’s a podcast and YouTube channel. I had a guy with that same amount of weight and 7 mil in my class who was 260 lbs.

pretty good show, but I have to say for Woody having 7000+ dives, they seem to make some comments to me as a cold water diver on dry suits that is BS. They have an episode just on dry suits and specially say that every dry suit pee valve leaks. This is so untrue or you have a crappy dry suit. Gus makes a comment about wearing a diaper lol instead of using a pee valve. Comments like this just tell me they do not have much experience in a Dry suit and divers listening to this show then come to me saying pee valves don't work because Gus said so. Another comment Woody makes is, he claims he wore 38 lbs with a dry suit he had to wear in Iceland. This dude is a tooth pick. If he wore 38 lbs, he'd sink like a rock. I'm 182 lbs and wear 22 lbs with a dry suit and under garments with an aluminum tank. What are you guys thoughts? Over all, I love the show but this episode was stupid and way wrong. Who wants to do a reaction video to this one? lol
To their credit, they mean well and by all accounts are nice people.

Unfortunately, it would be far from the first error on their show, especially including those episodes involving diving in overhead environments. Very simply, they do not know what they do not know.

To their credit, they mean well and by all accounts are nice people.

Unfortunately, it would be far from the first error on their show, especially including those episodes involving diving in overhead environments. Very simply, they do not know what they do not know.

I agree. Seem like great guys but they should really research more before casts like this. The pee valve statement was just stupid. They react to videos of misinformation which a lot of what they say is correct, but this one should be reacted to from people who actually dive dry

It’s a podcast and YouTube channel. I had a guy with that same amount of weight and 7 mil in my class who was 260 lbs.
Yeah, everyone's weighting differs, but not only due to what they weigh, though it is a big factor. I know an instructor who wears the same wetsuit as me but uses 22 in stead of my 42 pounds. He is also skinnier than me. Another instructor friend of mine who is about my height & weight uses 38 pounds in a 7 mil vs. my 42.

Yeah, everyone's weighting differs, but not only due to what they weigh, though it is a big factor. I know an instructor who wears the same wetsuit as me but uses 22 in stead of my 42 pounds. He is also skinnier than me. Another instructor friend of mine who is about my height & weight uses 38 pounds in a 7 mil vs. my 42.

True, Who knows what else he has on making him buoyant. Still that's a lot of weight for a person his size. I think he said 150 and just gained weight

The first rule of the internet and you-tube in particular, don't take ANYTHING as gospel!

Everyone makes mistakes, adds embelishments and their personal preferences and biases show. Consider, properly, what is said and suggested, but don't be afraid to both disagree or do something different or hold a differing opinion. In the most case, any statement on a you-tube video that could be considered to be 100% factually correct would be so long, tortuous and tedious that it would render that statement pointless because no-one would watch it........

(try watching some video feed from a court room to see what i mean :)

BTW, i like Dive talk because both the contributors come across as enthusiastic, pasionate, and interesting. That for me, is far more important that absolute accuracy!

They do come of as "snobbish" divers who believe their way is the only correct way, but like someone else said they have entertaining talks, especially their video reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom