Whites Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a bullet and absolutely love it. As said, there is a learning curve to donning/doffing, but I had it down after 5-6 dives. There is a minor annoyance in suit sag - especially on the SI and the crotch of the outer skin slumps down around your knees (the penguin look is priceless).

BUT - the bubble is extremely easy to manage and travels much slower than the other suits I have used - and paired with the TF undies I feel much more maneuverable than with other suits (bare/hollis). However, the bullet skin with silicone seals will pale in comparison to a sport skin with latex seals.

Get out there and demo a few models - make notes of what you like / don't like about each suit and base your decision off of that. I have yet to try a Santi, but have heard nothing but good about them as well.

I'm a fairly new diver, like yourself. I bought a Fusion One this winter. Great price, and finding it very versatile. Dove it first in Cozumel with only shorts and t- shirt, and last weekend was opening day at Haigh quarry where I dove it in 41 degree water. I really like it so far.

I have two Fusions, and I've used all three skins. I also like the Tech skin as a good compromise. The Fusion One seems like a very good price point for what turns out to be an amazingly durable and tough suit, but I haven't seen or talked to anybody using one yet.

It's no problem. You install the p-valve on the inner bag, which is not stretchy, and you carefully burn a small hole in the skin for it to protrude through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom