Least invasive dryglove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any pictures of what you mean?

+1 for pullover gloves. Simple, cheap and they work. No O-rings or complex locking mechanisms.

I use them over Viking rings. The rings are glued to the suit, so if I tear a wrist seal, I can pop a new one in during a surface interval. If I tear a glove, they are about $15 and I always carry a few with me.

Whatever dry glove system you use, get good glove liners, ones that stay warm even if they get wet. I like the 4th element liners. I was diving in Newfoundland in 34F water, tore a glove and the liner kept my hand functional and fairly comfortable.

If the glove gets a hole just grab another one or put a dot of superglue on the hole or put on a wet glove.

This reminds me again of the the value of good glove liners that work when wet. This is exactly what I did when I tore a glove in Newfoundland in 34F water. I was carrying wet gloves with me, so I figured I would just change to that at depth. I took off the flooded glove liner to put on the wet glove, even though my hand didn't feel too cold. When I took off the liner, it was like putting my hand in liquid nitrogen!

Lesson learned...

Rolock 90's are inexpensive and just work.

These Marigold gloves are a couple of dollars a pair. You pull them over the flexible wrist cuff with the wrist seal. They seal perfectly 100% of the time unlike any ring system I have ever used or seen. If the glove gets a hole just grab another one or put a dot of superglue on the hole or put on a wet glove.

This is the default option offered with some Santi suits. After many years of hassles with rings, I find this a much better option.
View attachment 867326

Hmmm.
doesn't look like it installs that easy
Is it possible to suit up yourself?
I am interested because I have huge hands and normal diameter rings are super tough to get through...
And I don't like the clunky rings

Hmmm.
doesn't look like it installs that easy
Is it possible to suit up yourself?
I am interested because I have huge hands and normal diameter rings are super tough to get through...
And I don't like the clunky rings

You mean installation of the rings onto the suit or donning the gloves?

Donning the gloves is easy, no problem doing it on your own. I don't know if they work over flexible rings, there needs to be enough bulk to hold the glove. Not every ring will do that.

The viking rings work fine, and let you swap out a wrist seal on the boat.

I've used these previously with glued on latex seals, then moved them to my zip seals. No glue, inexpensive, and just simply work. Replacement gloves are inexpensive too...

Back
Top Bottom