Rolock 90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Rolock 90 system just arrived
B85B5508-BB00-4C4C-BF3F-1EFD99984083.jpeg

Locked position, indicator by the big notch
A4981528-9F43-4CA8-8C6A-E3D790264EC7.jpeg

This divot is the unlocked position
EC0909CB-A37A-4DF4-AC24-6D12F76B6B05.jpeg

Unlocked it comes right apart
FF66FBAA-42A8-46A2-9159-8C01C5D833C5.jpeg

Putting the gloves on the outer ring was a complete joy compared to the ultima, sort of an improved version of the sitech colored rings. Gloves were on in minutes and I don’t feel like I need pain meds for my hands! Hammer just happened to be sitting there so if I forgot what trouble the ultima glove mounting was I could just hit myself with it.
AFE030FC-311B-42AD-B73E-01A4DF37D2D9.jpeg

The Rolock is smaller so less bulk, they seem very easy to don and doff, I leave the gloves untrimmed and fold them back over to protect the rings in storage.
0D87B406-E862-43C9-B920-71DA6A48FCBC.jpeg

I plan to dive them Wednesday.
Some videos from their site
Tutorials – Rolock

Nice - keen to see how you get on with them diving. Which cuff system did you connect these to?

Nice - keen to see how you get on with them diving. Which cuff system did you connect these to?
The sitech qcs oval, same suit PU rings that work with the ultimate, I took the antaries off to put these on.

Really interested in your review and how they compare to the ultima. You said the Rolock are smaller? Are you talking ring side or the thickness of the ring?

Really interested in your review and how they compare to the ultima. You said the Rolock are smaller? Are you talking ring side or the thickness of the ring?
At this point I would have to say the ultima is as good as it gets in use but getting the gloves mounted is a nightmare, this went as easy as the video with Showa 3415 gloves. This system is robust but the suit side rings carry the seal, I’ll see how they hold up but don’t see any real weak spots. There is a picture showing the glove side with both for size.

Lol. Was wondering why 1 had and orange o ring and why the other didn’t:oops:

At this point I would have to say the ultima is as good as it gets in use but getting the gloves mounted is a nightmare, this went as easy as the video with Showa 3415 gloves. This system is robust but the suit side rings carry the seal, I’ll see how they hold up but don’t see any real weak spots. There is a picture showing the glove side with both for size.

Does that worry you having the suit side hold the rings? I would think it would be better the way the U DGS does it, yeah?

Great pics. Look forward to the review also.

Edit: also loved the hammer bit....that's about what mounting the U DGS felt like...:banghead::rofl3:

Does that worry you having the suit side hold the rings? I would think it would be better the way the U DGS does it, yeah?

Great pics. Look forward to the review also.

Edit: also loved the hammer bit....that's about what mounting the U DGS felt like...:banghead::rofl3:
It only worrying in that I’m diving where sand is always present, it isn’t much of a load area and it’s flat so a quick wipe should do all that’s necessary for it to cam together. Being able to put the gloves onto the rings so easily is great as is being able to adjust the glove without taking it apart is very cool, my hands are happy.

It only worrying in that I’m diving where sand is always present, it isn’t much of a load area and it’s flat so a quick wipe should do all that’s necessary for it to cam together. Being able to put the gloves onto the rings so easily is great as is being able to adjust the glove without taking it apart is very cool, my hands are happy.

Minus the loading which do you prefer? Or is it still too early to tell?

Minus the loading which do you prefer? Or is it still too early to tell?
To early to tell, each has a perceived benefit, in use the ultima is easy to put on and take off and have yet to leak, I’ve been diving my neo suit the past few weeks which had Antares which don’t leak but you have to pay close attention to alignment when putting them on.

With ultima you battle the glove mounting but the gloves don’t need to align with anything on the rings, the Rolock does need to be properly oriented to easily work but not nearly as critical as the Antares glove to ring alignment.

Edit, these, through Seaskin only cost a little over $100

Back
Top Bottom