Rolock 90 owners - am I missing something?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Badger7

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got a pair (or did I) of Rolock 90 glove rings for my drysuit, and I think I might have gotten two right side glove rings? First time using this system, and yes I already contacted the vendor, but while they're peacefully sleeping over in the UK, I was hoping someone with a pair of rings handy can verify I'm not just looking at these wrong? I watched the videos and read the instructions, but near as I can tell I have a left and right wrist ring, but two right side glove rings?

mismatched rolock 90s - small.jpg

I'm comparing screenshots from the videos above with pictures of what was in the box below. In the glove side video, it looks like the guy actually has a left arm glove ring, and I don't think I have one of those?

Take the (a) suit ring in hand, now pick up one of the glove rings, line up the dots (glove to suit) and turn it toward the other dot, if it doesn’t turn try the other glove ring.

Yes, your bottom right pic shows two right glove rings.

Yes, your bottom right pic shows two right glove rings.
Thanks for the confirmation. Weird huh? They both came twisted onto a wrist ring, but I was confused as to why they both twisted off counterclockwise, as I was expecting the left side to twist off clockwise instead. I don't really want to figure out return shipping to the UK so hopefully the vendor steps up and has good customer service. I sent the same explanation and picture to their sales email address, fingers crossed.

If customer service doesn't work out, I would use them as is. I don't even look at the "insert" marker, just rotate until it "clunks" into the slots then rotate the other direction.

Working with what you have: instead of both arms turning "inward" to lock, you would just turn both arms anti-clockwise. Swapping the suit rings would make it so both arms would turn clockwise to lock. Either way, you would need to rotate one of the sleeves to insert and then back again after locking (since your wrist only twists so far and you want it to be locked nearly at that limit). But yeah, fingers crossed for you!

Both of mine turn turn to the inside, looking down the sleeve, left is CW and right is CCW but as mentioned it is just a case of getting used to how they go if you get no joy from the seller.

I cant even...

One more favor to ask, could someone please take good look at their rolocks, and verify that the ONLY difference between left and right glove ring is the position of the steel pin? For standardization, I'm not going to dive these with the wrong twist direction, but maybe I can "fix" one of them?

I'm working off the assumption that these are made of delrin, likely melting point of 350-420F. I'm flirting with the idea of clamping down one of the rings, using a heavy soldering iron set at 460F to heat the pin and soften the surrounding material, and see if I can gently remove it with piers. If so, I could then just drill a hole on the other side of the channel, repositioning the pin. I'd probably try it first without heat to see if it is maybe just friction fit.

If you say I should have went Kubi's instead, I may now actually now agree with you. How do you ship the wrong glove ring twice in a row? It just seems so reckless and expensive, yikes. If they do end up shipping the right (left) ring eventually, I might still try to perform a sex change on one of the glove rings as a backup.

I cant even...

One more favor to ask, could someone please take good look at their rolocks, and verify that the ONLY difference between left and right glove ring is the position of the steel pin? For standardization, I'm not going to dive these with the wrong twist direction, but maybe I can "fix" one of them?

I'm working off the assumption that these are made of delrin, likely melting point of 350-420F. I'm flirting with the idea of clamping down one of the rings, using a heavy soldering iron set at 460F to heat the pin and soften the surrounding material, and see if I can gently remove it with piers. If so, I could then just drill a hole on the other side of the channel, repositioning the pin. I'd probably try it first without heat to see if it is maybe just friction fit.

If you say I should have went Kubi's instead, I may now actually now agree with you. How do you ship the wrong glove ring twice in a row? It just seems so reckless and expensive, yikes. If they do end up shipping the right (left) ring eventually, I might still try to perform a sex change on one of the glove rings as a backup.
Ask them to fix it, send pics of what you have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom