Question Gloves for Rolock 90 system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PDodson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
Got my drysuit recently and have the Rolock 90 system to install now. I've watched the videos on that, and read a lot of the advice on this site so I feel comfortable and prepared for that. The question I still have is what gloves/liners do you all recommend using?

I prefer the Showa 720. They are nitrile, not pvc. They stretch enough to make them easy to install, and are very cut-resistant. I put a pair on when I bought my Rolock 90 system over a year ago and haven't had a drop of water inside.
R.B. Phil, Wayne & I IMG_4385.jpg

I've not yet tried these on my Rolock 90 system, but I've used Showa 620 gloves effectively on my Ultima system. Odds are, they'll act very similarly to the Showa 720 gloves that @MaxBottomtime recommended.

I prefer the Showa 720. They are nitrile, not pvc. They stretch enough to make them easy to install, and are very cut-resistant. I put a pair on when I bought my Rolock 90 system over a year ago and haven't had a drop of water inside.
Do you use a liner with those? Or since your hands stay dry do you not find the extra warmth necessary?

Do you use a liner with those? Or since your hands stay dry do you not find the extra warmth necessary?
Unless in warm water you'll want some sort of glove liner. Even a light weight is better than nothing.

FWIW - I also am a hardcore advocate for the Showa 720 (or 710), having tested 15 or so other pairs of gloves.

I do dive the 720s with just a wrist gaiter for short dives when the water is particularly warm up in BC (above 50 degrees generally). Rest of the year, I do wrist gaiter + liner gloves (often heated liners).

+1 for 720's. Just swapped mine out today (Rolock 90's). I think I got 8 or 9 months. A few leaks, but I'm rough. I bring inflatable mattress patches.

Took me all of 10 min and that was looking up the video (because I forgot), pulling apart, cleaning, adding silicone and cutting the excess. Very easy.

I have various liners for different temps.. even in warmer water the sweat gets wicked away by thinner liners. I've never dove without.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom