Which of the manufacturers have non far east made masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So am I, it's just. When rebranded thay tend to cost more than local produced. And you can see a lot of different companies rebranding the same model over and over.
You are correct, some are public moulds, OEM or ODM are almost in every field.

It's the same problem with the bike industry.

But there is one thing which differs.

Big brand manufacturer A says:

New for 2020, our XYZ mask specially developed by our RnD to have this kind of property to achieve this and that. It ends up being an off the shelf aropec mask with a new logo.

If they actually like make a specific new tech, and then hired problue/aropec to make the mask since they're super experienced with it. It's fine to charge a premium price for it.

And then on the other hand a manufacturer like Cressi or Mares, has an X-view or Calibro like mask, which they actually have some new improvements, and some changes, and they charge the same price for a objectively higher quality product.

I recently got a calibro. And the mask is super high quality, and just having tried it, actually works super nice. And for that same price you can get a scubapro/aqualung mask which is a rebranded OEM mask. And compared to several different masks in that price bracket, I don't see why someone woul pick the other one.

I have a cressi big eye evo. I believe it is made in Italy, was around $70. I bought a $10 asian backup because it looks like the cressi. I love cressi, but is it 7x as good? I don't know, but maybe the cressi will last 7x longer.......?

Big eyes is 35-40€ here.
I have two Cressi masks, one old Sirena which was 15€ and made in Italy, and a Calibro which I paid 40€ which is also made in italy. The Sirena feels like a good cheap mask. I've had it for 10 years and it keeps chuggin. I only switched to a Calibro since I wanted a smaller volume mask. And it feels super high quality abd permium. And sits so well.

Compared to a scubapro gorilla type mask and a beuchat maxlux wich felt so hard and couldn't fit niceley, all cressi maskf fit perfect and super comfortable.

Our club uses big eyes and matrix for rentals, aonce they fit a lot of different faces.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom