Where to stay in San Pedro...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry driftwood but island divers is not there. They are located by Holiday Hotel. The units at paradise villas can be inconsistent due to different ownership and management. The units are like townhouses set out in a U. Not many of the units actually front the water and some of them back onto the main road which makes those units noisy. All that said, still a nice complex overall.

I have also stayed at blue tang in its previous incarnation. Recommend highly the two second floor front units, and third floor front units are outstanding. Be surprised if you could get as good a deal there though.

I appreciate the input from everyone!!! We are currently here so this update comes to you from San Pedro. We are staying at Paradise Villas which I am happy with. I wanted a place that had all the creature comforts but was fairly close to everything. I have it. Its just a short trip to the dive shop with my gear. I dove today with Amigos Del Mar. A short trip out to the reef for some time with the Nurse Sharks. It was exactly what I needed. Hadnt been in the water since October so I needed something to get me back in the saddle. Nice trip. Plan to take another one in the next day or so. My girlfriend isnt certified so she looks for things to do while Im out diving. Does anyone have any recommendations of things to do while here? We are going to the mainland tomorrow to go cave tubing and zip lining which I am estatic about but I would hate to miss out on something while here. Weve pretty much seen the whole island in two days. Great restaurants. Thanks for the input guys.

You've chosen a spell of windy weather!

Skidkid, there are things your girlfriend could do but she'd probably enjoy them more with you; for example the snorkel trip to Hol Chan and Shark/Ray Alley.

Have you two looked in any of the locals art galleries yet? Inside Fido's, there's an art gallery (cant rember the name) and also a little jewelry store called Ambar that sells beautiful original creations in silver.

Across the street from Fido s and behind Sail Away coffee shop is another little gallery with so many lovely pieces that it can take awhile to look at everything even though it is a small space.

She could get a massage. There's massage offered upstairs at Amigos and another place down by the Holiday Hotel that offers them on the beach but inside of a large beach tent. There are also a few 'spas' around.

If she is comfortable snorkeling by herself, she could wander down to Ramon's dock and snorkel off of there. Actually, in the water at the end of the dock in front of Paradise used to have some stone bells in the water to attract fish and other growth. I enjoy Ramon's much more.

Have the two of you gone to Palapa Bar yet? I think you would very much enjoy a few hours there one afternoon.

Canada,
Thanks for the input. We went to Palpaya today with a local Canadian. Great people. This whole island is full of great people. We went tpo Fidos for dinner and strolled through the art gallery. They had a fashion show this weekend there so today was the first time we were able to get in there. I love this place. Our condo is exactly what we wanted as well. Going inland tomorrow to do some cave tubing and zip lining. Appreciate the sugestions

GOPR0062.jpg

Glad you are having a good time. I just remembered that there is a new shop opened at south end of front street. It is Kawaw or kakwa some name like that, selling belizean chocolate treats of every nature, even including bath products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom