Where to mount knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put the primary knife on my thigh so the handle is where my hand would naturally come to rest. I replaced the straps with surgical tubing so it stays in place even when the suit gets compressed. I also have a smaller knife clipped to my harness.

IMG_1958.jpg

BCD knife on chest strap, right-side. Shears on cumberbund waiststrap, left-side. Full size knife, inside left (edit) calf. (Thanks for pointing that out DevonDiver, otherwise OUCH :shocked2:)

Last edited:
Call me paranoid or simply a blade enthusiast. I dive with 3 different cutting devices.

1. The first one is my Wenoka Big Squeeze dive knive. I attach that to my left leg on the inside (California style) to make it less prone to entanglement and more streamline. Also by doing so, i could simply access the knife with either my left or right hand. BTW, i got the yellow color one.

2. The second cutting device I have is the Spyderco Pacific Salt in yellow . Its a folding knife and I could just clip it on my BCD on the right shoulder harness. Its an easy access for either hand.
I love this knife. The H1 steel that they use is very resistance to rust. Maintenance wise, its like a titanium knife. But unlike titanium, this knife keeps it edge. I had it for a few years now and its still as sharp as the day I got it. Highly recommended.
Spyderco Pacific Salt Yellow FRN

3. The third cutting tool I have with me is the EEZYCUT Trilobite line cutter. I attach the sheath to the strap of my dive computer on my left hand for a quick and easy access. Awesome tool to have. I use this more than my other two cutting tool combine. Its a great product. I have a few different line cutter prior to this one, but this one, blows the other line cutter out of the water and into my personal dive museum.
EezyCut | emergency cutting tools

So thats my usual set-up. I dont really care much about the leg strap one. But when you are working on the boat as a dive master, its always a good idea to have a cutting tool with you at all time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom