Where is the best place to buy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
Where is the best place to buy the Olympus C5050?

I been watching on eBay very diligently and have yet to make a purchase. Is there other online sites you would recommend?

All this talk about how wonderful this camera performs underwater is making me impatient cause I want one of my own. :admin:

I bought mine from www.6ave.com in Dec( as well as several others here on the board) The other place I can recommend is B&H Photo. An old and respected mail order place www.bhphoto.com from which I have ordered camera equipment over the years.

I have to agree with Ken on KEH. I purchased my 5050 through them for $429 and their service was excellent. My camera was shipped in the original box with all of the included equipment. Now I am anxiously awaiting my birthday in hopes of receiving a PT-015 housing for this camera. I will be purchasing a 1 gig compact flash card for storing my pictures on during my dives.

B&H Photo or KEH are reputable camera shops and you would be happy with the services of either.

Mitten Diver

i must give a plug for ibuydigital.com

they also sent everything in the original un-opened box.

everything was packaged good and they shipped it promptly.

they also gave me a call to confirm the order, which hasn't happened with any other retailer. i thought that was excellent.

i got my 5050 for $480 or just around there. they're located on the east coast...ny i think.

B&H photo plug from here also. Did not get Oly.......Sony........bad word, three years ago. Learned my lesson on cameras and going with Oly this spring.

Well I made my purchase today. I bought it from a professional photographer in San Diego. He had it up on eBay with a bunch of accessories and it didn't meet the reserve so I was able to talk with him and work the negotiation to a price that both he and I could agree on.

Hooray! Congratulations on your purchase! Welcome to the 5050 Crew :biggrin: !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom