Recommendations for Place to Service Dive Rite Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

topher10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Its time for me to service my Dive Rite Regs (XT1/XT2 first and seconds). I have been planning to send them to Dive Gear Express since that is where I purchased them, but the prices seem a little high to me. Its 75$/second for service, but at this moment I can buy new Deep6 x-series 2nds for $95 with the holiday sale.

Any other recommendations for a service center for Dive Rite Regs? I would rather mail to a known place than use my LDS.

Thanks.

PS - I would very much like to service them myself and I have the manuals, but I am not there yet.

I think @Jim Lapenta does?

PS - I would very much like to service them myself and I have the manuals, but I am not there yet.

Also.... here's some great videos that give you an idea what you're in for. It's really not rocket science, just make sure you test them before you trust them. Take a class... really eye opening.. especially @tursiops dirty dirty regs opened up in class!!!!

In his defense it was all from diving way more than most of us!

Its time for me to service my Dive Rite Regs (XT1/XT2 first and seconds). I have been planning to send them to Dive Gear Express since that is where I purchased them, but the prices seem a little high to me. Its 75$/second for service, but at this moment I can buy new Deep6 x-series 2nds for $95 with the holiday sale.

Any other recommendations for a service center for Dive Rite Regs? I would rather mail to a known place than use my LDS.

Thanks.

Double check on all your price comparisons. Some places (like DGX) show prices including service kits, some list service only, with the kits being extra. The kits can easily be $35-40 for a first stage, and half that for a second stage.

Thanks.

The pricing is pretty reasonable, you aren't going to get anyone appreciably cheaper.

That said, while Dive Rite will sell you parts to DIY service, I don't believe they will teach you the service course. Since you mentioned Deep6 I will bring up this consideration. If you sell your Dive Rite regs and replace with Deep6 Signatures, you can take the service course from Deep6 which opens you up to free parts for life. For total cost of ownership, you may find that this is a better option for you. The non-signature regs are still obviously eligible for the service course, but I don't believe they have the free parts for life. @LandonL would have to confirm. I just got another set of Signature regs a couple of weeks ago and am unfortunately not familiar with the non-Signature parts policies since I've got about a dozen sets of Signatures

Absolutely love my Deep6. Company, service.. all top notch.

I have deep 6 x-series. It is a great buy at $100. If you are interested in servicing your regs, check with @rsingler. He has a great class. It is well worth it, and it doesn’t take too many services to make up the costs.

If you don't mind sending them all the way to Detroit. I would be happy to service them for you.
And while I'm sure someone is closer, if you decide to go the deep six route, I also teach the Deep Six reg service course.

I think @Jim Lapenta does?

Also.... here's some great videos that give you an idea what you're in for. It's really not rocket science, just make sure you test them before you trust them. Take a class... really eye opening.. especially @tursiops dirty dirty regs opened up in class!!!!

In his defense it was all from diving way more than most of us!

Nope. I never did service dive rite, other than my own that I owned on and off. And I'm retired from the business side of diving completely. Including servicing and teaching HOG and Deep Six service classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom