DYI service Dive Rite regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I use a XT1/XT4 from Dive Rite and understand their service kits are not restricted and can be ordered by mere mortals.
Came across online service courses for HOG but could not find them for Dive Rite. Any of you know of Dive Rite service courses? Does it make sense to invest in training and equipment needed to service regulators yourself (I only have 2)? Have not done much myself beyond replacing O-rings and hoses but interested in taking things a bit further.

You can get the service kits from DGX. You have to be affiliated with a dive shop to get trained to service DR regs.

You can get the service kits from DGX. You have to be affiliated with a dive shop to get trained to service DR regs.

I think you mean certified.

IMO, yes, it does make sense.
If you have 2 regulators, chances are good you will get more.
Besides, being able to diagnose and fix the issue on dive trip and not losing dives or hoping that there is someone near who can service them quickly if they break is worth a lot more than just money.
I always carry service kits and tools with me, just in case.
And got some nice meals from servicing regs for my friends.

I don't see the XT4 manual posted yet. Considering the others are there, maybe it's just a matter of time. I'm interested because I got a XT4/XT1 set as well.

I'm not sure if it's just me but the above dive right link only shows an image of the service manual cover page as opposed to letting me download an entire pdf. So if I'm not the only one experiencing that issue DGX also has a copy of the XT1 service manual at: https://www.divegearexpress.com/amfile/file/download/file/137/product/4566/

Also one random little detail about XT1 service step #5 on the bottom of page #8, if the diaphragm cap is extremely difficult to remove (if for example, hypothetically someone didn't always have the opportunity for freshwater soak after a saltwater dive and then needed to service it for the first time after a number of years..) the adjustable spanner wrench sold by DGX will tend to make the hole oblong and slip out so a perfectly fitting spanner is a much better option... Plus one will likely be stuck doing hot/cold cycles/etc to get it to loosen up enough, which is obviously a potential issue not limited to any brand of course but a perfectly fitting spanner is something to consider either way...

Back
Top Bottom