Question Dive Rite FT1 first stage yoke to DIN conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattfish

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I would like to convert my yoke FT1 regulator to DIN, and I was wondering if any of y'all knew if this was possible. When searching online, I found a conversion part for Dive Rite's XT1 first stage, but I wasn't sure this would work on the FT1. Have any of you converted a regulator from yoke to DIN, or know someone who has? Do you know anything specifically about converting the DR FT1 to DIN?

Should work the same way on either the XT1 or FT1, most likely the same part, but I don't have my parts list in front of me. It's probably best to have a shop do it, as removing the yoke does take some specific tools. No reason to buy them if you are only going to be removing the yoke anyway.

It's easy to do though, unscrew the yoke assembly, screw on the DIN assembly. Each one has multiple parts, so it isn't exactly as easy as unscrewing a bolt and replacing it with another bolt, but it's close.

I wasn't comfortable with my local shop working on my regs after 2 less than satisfactory experiences (one of my own and one of my buddies). So I sent my (and still do send my) regs directly to Dive Rite. Had one that was yoke and had acquired some more in DIN so decided to switch everything to DIN, had DR do it when they serviced the reg. If I remember correctly they didn't charge me any labor above and beyond the normal service cost, just for the part which wasn't much.

Hey, that's pretty cool! I hadn't thought about sending the regs back to Dive Rite for servicing. That's something I'll need to consider. They are still in North FL, which is close to me here in Atlanta, GA so shipping would be easy.

Back
Top Bottom