DYI service Dive Rite regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think the XT4 manual exists yet. I'm a DR dealer and service tech, I don't have it yet either. I'm not sure there is anything different internally from the XT2, but I haven't taken mine apart yet. Are there even service kits for them yet?
For those who have done their own maintenance on these devices, I'd be interested in a recommended tools list if possible. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Basic tools, mostly. The tool list is in the two manuals linked above. Only thing hard to come by might be the "5th port tool" but you can also do that with a wrench if you are careful. DR gives them out in service classes.

I don't think the XT4 manual exists yet. I'm a DR dealer and service tech, I don't have it yet either.

Basic tools, mostly. The tool list is in the two manuals linked above. Only thing hard to come by might be the "5th port tool" but you can also do that with a wrench if you are careful. DR gives them out in service classes.
Ditto.
Although the tool list for XT1 at the beginning leaves out if you're doing first stage service you'll want something to hold it like: First Stage Body Holding Tool (that is what I personally have because it was quick and convenient to add to an order I was already making, but there's nothing overly special about that implementation vs another brand/putting something together yourself to do the same thing..)

Only thing hard to come by might be the "5th port tool" but you can also do that with a wrench if you are careful.

The 1208s had the same style 5th port, and the service manual for those just says to use an 11/16 wrench. I've never had a problem with an 11/16 wrench on either XT1 or 1208, but if you have one that's corroded it suppose it might be tough to remove. You also can't torque them to spec unless you use the special tool.

The 1208s had the same style 5th port, and the service manual for those just says to use an 11/16 wrench. I've never had a problem with an 11/16 wrench on either XT1 or 1208, but if you have one that's corroded it suppose it might be tough to remove. You also can't torque them to spec unless you use the special tool.
Is there a torque spec? We have both Poseidon and Diverite regs, they are at opposite ends of the torque spec requirements spectrum:
Poseidon- torque screw to 1.35 inch pounds
DR- 1.5-ish goodntights.

I usually forget to use the special tool for the 5th port myself.

Is there a torque spec? We have both Poseidon and Diverite regs, they are at opposite ends of the torque spec requirements spectrum:
Poseidon- torque screw to 1.35 inch pounds
DR- 1.5-ish goodntights.

I usually forget to use the special tool for the 5th port myself.
For XT1 the torque spec is in step 18 on page 37: 150 in lbs. Instructions shifting from ft lbs to in lbs (and a single number as opposed to a range, like another spec on XT1 being 20 to 25 ft lbs) makes me feel it's best to error on side of precision...

Back
Top Bottom