Where do you mount your Sensus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I was diving a traditional BC I would just throw it in one of the pockets, I never opened them during the dive so it was both secure and able to get the 'correct' water temp.

I have since switched to a BP/W and not secure it with a quick link on the plate even with heart/lungs. It's out of the way, shouldn't get caught on anything and gives an accurate depth level.

Mark

I attached mine to a marine grade screw shackle, which I attach to one of my regulator hoses right by the first stage. The logic is as follows: A screw shackle will never come undone inadvertently and no one on a dive boat will be able to easily "reallocate" it. Yet it is easy enough to remove to download. I keep it on my regulator hose because I travel a lot and while I always bring my own regulator, I don't always bring my own BCD. Thus, by keeping it on the regulator, I don't risk forgetting it on someone else's BCD.

Drysuit pocket. Its on a SS split rig with my dry key for my truck.

Makes it easy to move from DS to DS, or to my Wet Suit.

I never dive without it.

---
Ken

Last edited:
right chest d ring, never dive without it

To the "dry suit pocket" people... what do your temperatures look like? Do you notice thermoclines, etc?

BTW - Mo2vation, thats awesome. The only piece of gear I've attached to my car keys is a bottle opener.

Not sure I understand the question. You'd notice the same differences as if it were clipped off to your rig. Except it's safer and less annoying when in a pocket.

Oh... drysuit pocket as in the leg pocket? I was assuming the insulation pocket, thus inside the suit. I feel a little silly now. Please ignore me, for the time being.

Regardless, I'm a fan of free floating... not that my data collection needs that accuracy, I'd like to eliminate that variable.

How much variation is there? it's not like you are attaching it to your fin tip and then doing giant kicks... just put it somewhere out of the way and forget about it... that's the whole idea behind it :)

Out of the way, safe, where it's not going to get bashed (in or out of the water) is a good start. I can't imagine a better place than your pocket (yes, on the OUTSIDE of the suit).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom