Where do you carry your stage(s) and or deco in SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've settled on steel SM tanks on the hip d rings and stages on the drop ds but I use the "Gary Dallas" method of attaching them, where you clip the bottom leash with 1 hand first then pivot the front up, that way I don't have to wrestle my computer past the tanks.

This is my preference also. I am always swopping between steels and ali's depending on plans. (I have my own steels and rent ali's when there is no time to fill, especially Nitrox)

So if I dive only steels then I will put them on the drop D's usually. If I dive Ali's I usually start on the D ring and then move them soon after to rubber Os.

And then as you say, for diving with stages, the steels go on the Ds and the stage/deco on the drop D so that they cross against each other as it is very snug and feels better.

I also attach the stages from the bottom clip and pivot them around. Once you get the hang of it it's a lot easier. I wasn't aware of this being the 'Gary Dallas' method.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom