Where do I store my scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wetsuit hang up in closet after dry along with BCD on a BCD hanger. Rest of gear in plastic bin from Walmart. My weights stay in weight bag til dry in back of truck. After dry they placed behind seat in truck (so dont have to carry them as far).

Before DynamiteT and I got our house, we had a 2 bedroom apt, we took the smallish hall closet and made it our dive locker, the 4 tanks occupied a wall next to the dining room table. In our house now, we have one closet in the bedroom and one large hall type closet that stores all of the inside stuff and our tanks sit in the garage with larger items.

I let my stuff sit in the garage for several days, to make sure it is completely dry (you could use a bathroom for this). Once I am satisfied it is dry, I hang wetsuits in the closet on a thick hanger. Dive computers get locked in the safe. Everything else gets packed into one or more duffel bags. Then the bags are put into one or more plastic Rubbermaid type boxes with lids and put in the garage (you could use a closet for this purpose).

Back
Top Bottom