Scuba Gear for 7 footer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7footDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am 7 feet tall and looking to get my own scuba gear. I have problems shopping for normal everyday items so I am definitely feeling overwhelmed with this task. I have ideas for fins (Turtle 3XL and Scubapro 2xl jets) as well as the intention of visiting a LDS soon. However, would really appreciate any suggestions/guidance from experienced divers.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I'm going to move this thread from Site Support to Basic Scuba, hope you don't mind.

I think you have a custom wetsuit/drysuit in your future. They're not as expensive as they sound. Since you're in Monterey, I'd recommend saying hello to Cricket at Otter Bay Wetsuits in PG. And if you end up needing a drysuit, I'd recommend SeaSkin in the UK. They take a few months to manufacture a drysuit, but the quality can't be beat at their price point.

Cheers

I do greatly appreciate the suggestion for a local store. I was afraid of custom just because of the price but I will definitely reach out to them.
You have no other option!

You’re in Monterey? In Florida is www.WetWear.com

Custom suits with full zipper appendages. EZ On they call them.

Skipping a jacket BCD and go directly into techy strap wing rig, your only hope.

If you’re inferring large feet? Look at the military spec fins from Force Fins. They are designed to be worn while wearing combat boots. Kinda’ big foot stuff

Only 6’5” so I’m probably not able to offer much usable info but Monterey is best in a dry suit, Seaskin is your best bet for exposure protection, scubapro S tek back plate may work but you may be in custom territory there too.

height is one issue, weight, foot size etc are others.

Are you certified? What gear did you use. I can't imagine it fit well, whatever you used....

What are you thinking for harness?
Sounds like backplate and wing will be your only good options..

Back
Top Bottom