Scuba Gear for 7 footer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My version of a long back plate.
I have long torso, and long arms.
I wanted the waist strap lower,
It's so much easier to clip spg and give me a nice spot to bottom clip a stage or pony.

Attachments

• 20211018_091022.jpg
    20211018_091022.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 37
Congrats, 7footDiver. Welcome to the world of customized dive gear and apparel. I am only 6’ 1” but have a unique issue. I have the legs of a 5’ 10” or less guy, but the torso of a 6’ 4” dude. If You can find photos from White Star Quarry from this past Aug., look for tallish guy w/blue ‘Discovery Diving’ T-shirt. That’s me w/short-little legs. Out of the box dive suits just didn’t cut it for me either. My shirts come from big and tall stores and the 29” inseam is difficult to find in a 38”w size. It was worse when I had 42”+ w, but that’s a part of the past now.

There are many dive stores that have ability to set you up with the most appropriate gear for your configuration. If possible ask them if you can try combination setups in their training pool, with a partner or preferably instructor for sure. You will be diving comfortably and in style for sure. As for fins, body length really isn’t a definitive measure in compatibility. Try normal size fins as well. …they shouldn’t be cumbersome or tiring in the water.

Enjoy the ‘wet’ world and welcome !!
Scott G. Bonser
This is my world as well. 6'1" with a 28" inseam.

My version of a long back plate.
I have long torso, and long arms.
I wanted the waist strap lower,
It's so much easier to clip spg and give me a nice spot to bottom clip a stage or pony.
…nice setup. I am getting Jerrie Struble to set me up with a customized plate harness and BCD to compliment my DHR setups in open water. Most likely by tax return time. Hey give Jerrie a ‘buzz’ …he is pretty good at sourcing parts and pieces for just your needs.

at 7 feet, even finding a backplate long enough is going to be an issue. a sidemount harness and some HP120s might be an option.
I just bought a scuba force black diamond long steel backplate that is too long for me. I'm 6'4". This might be an option for @7footDiver

Yeah, I have 1 kydex long pattern, 1 SS long pattern, and 1 SS x-long pattern. Also have a custom length Freedom Plate, and a long length "Vintage Plate"....

Funding source for my post diving days lifestyle when it finally happens (not for awhile if things go normally)...

I haven't structured my will yet....
dibs

I just bought a scuba force black diamond long steel backplate that is too long for me. I'm 6'4". This might be an option for @7footDiver
Excellent, I believe he’s following this thread for sure. If no response check ‘new divers’ forum and see if it posts there.

FWIW you may benefit from HP149s....they are the largest tanks made for SCUBA (I believe; correct me if I'm wrong) and for 95% of people they are just ridiculously large. But at 7' tall you may find them perfect.

FWIW you may benefit from HP149s....they are the largest tanks made for SCUBA (I believe; correct me if I'm wrong) and for 95% of people they are just ridiculously large. But at 7' tall you may find them perfect.
…great idea. Again find out who has these and ’trial dive’ these in a controlled environment or training pool. Have an experienced partner with you or preferably an instructor…. You will do just fine…..

Back
Top Bottom