When doing dives, do you feel more clear-headed on Nitrox?

Do you feel more clear-headed on Nitrox?

• Yes

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 98 72.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as the power of suggestion is concerned, a final observation made by a supporter of that line of thinking was "Now he thinks he's dead".

Can you please elaborate as to the correlation between this post and my scepticism of a few huffs of 02 turning some hung over knuckle dragger into a bright eyed and bushy tailed gent ready to meet the day?

Can you please elaborate as to the correlation between this post and my scepticism of a few huffs of 02 turning some hung over knuckle dragger into a bright eyed and bushy tailed gent ready to meet the day?

I'll do my best.

Your post was limited to the phrase "The power of suggestion". This was probably intended as a general comment on several preceeding posts, but there was no specific mention of scepticism regarding any alleged robust transformation of alcohol swillers suffering the consequences of their overindulgence as the result of a few hits of O2.

My comment was made in connection only with the very generic topics of illusion and reality, and the power of suggestion.

"Normal" as a human physical condition is not a absolute either/or condition, like death or pregnancy.

I probably should have said "return to baseline" vs "return to normal."

We might as well invoke Godwin now. Hitler said that Nitrox causes a placebo affect that leads the diver to believe that they feel better and of clearer mind while diving. Godwin? Check! Argument over somebody's claim that the feel good is but a placebo.....coming up next.

it's my understanding that Hitler was not AOW. Should he really be in a position to say that about Nitrox? :idk:

LOL I think I may have found the marketplace for my new line of magnetic miracle bracelets!

if you want, we can market them together with these "Nitrox Pills"

I mean, it's cheaper than divers paying more for the extra costs of a Nitrox fill. (and we all know there are a lot of cheap skates here)

:thumb:

646668029856.jpg

Back to subject......sort of :wink:

[hijack]Why do people care if somebody says they feel less tired after diving Nitrox. What they are saying is not dangerous. If they are not claiming that it is 100% founded in truth and science then who really cares? They are saying how THEY feel. Not how I will feel. Who cares? Why do these threads go the way they do? I mean it is scientifically proven that spare air units kill and that split fins are not as good as my jets but this is about Nitrox. As long as nobody gets hurt in ANY way, I say let the person enjoy the placebo.

[/hijack]

EDIT - For the record, above I say "after diving nitrox" but the reality is, my point is the same either way.

Last edited:
if you want, we can market them together with these "Nitrox Pills"

I mean, it's cheaper than divers paying more for the extra costs of a Nitrox fill. (and we all know there are a lot of cheap skates here)

:thumb:

646668029856.jpg

I'm in, and I like the look of your product. With my Miracle Bracelets and your Nitrox Pills nothing can stop us. I've got a good feeling about this!

Back to subject......sort of :wink:

[hijack]Why do people care if somebody says they feel less tired after diving Nitrox. What they are saying is not dangerous. If they are not claiming that it is 100% founded in truth and science then who really cares? They are saying how THEY feel. Not how I will feel. Who cares? Why do these threads go the way they do? I mean it is scientifically proven that spare air units kill and that split fins are not as good as my jets but this is about Nitrox. As long as nobody gets hurt in ANY way, I say let the person enjoy the placebo.

[/hijack]

:laughing: he said placebo :laughing:

After all that, he said placebo. :laughing:

---------- Post Merged at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:00 PM ----------

I'm in, and I like the look of your product. With my Miracle Bracelets and your Nitrox Pills nothing can stop us. I've got a good feeling about this!

Speaking of good feelings, if I "feel better" for more than four hours, should I contact my physician?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom