When doing dives, do you feel more clear-headed on Nitrox?

Do you feel more clear-headed on Nitrox?

• Yes

Votes: 17 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 98 72.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not.

I rarely dive air any more, so it's hard to tell. But when I did, I do not remember noticing any difference. I'm a lightweight when it comes to narcosis, too.

Only after the dive...

Not me.

No, not during the dive or after. I wish I could say I did. I used to get Nitrox fills whether I needed them or not in hopes of this, but I stopped lying to myself and went back to air on dives where Nitrox is of no benefit.

When doing dives, do you feel more clear-headed on Nitrox than air?

No ... but this question ranks right up there with

- Does diving nitrox make you feel less fatigued? ... and ...
- Does using argon for drysuit inflation make you feel less cold?

Some folks do, some folks don't. Some folks say "it's all in your head" ... othes say "So what? It's my head ... therefore it makes me feel better."

Personally, if I want to feel more clear-headed, I put some helium in my breathing gas. If I just want to go for a long dive and not have to worry about exceeding NDL's, I use nitrox. Well, actually, unless I'm diving in a swimming pool I use nitrox ... but that's because I pay the same whether I use it or not ... so why wouldn't I?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom