What’s up with Scubaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't people have another life so they can do without Scubaboard for a little bit while it gets upgraded? LOL
Sure. But the fact that ScubaBoard has had some downtime and errors lately still warrants the title of this thread...

Don't people have another life so they can do without Scubaboard for a little bit while it gets upgraded? LOL

After the one of this morning, I don't have any dive planned till Friday. So, what kind of other life are you speaking about?

If we aren't diving, there is SB. How are you going to pass your time in the can when things are tight and taking time there?

I’m not going back to reading the shampoo bottles when taking a dump.

What are you doing with the shampoo itself?

There could be a joke here about something being clean enough to eat off it, but of course I would not want to leave all of you fine people with that image…

That would be incorrect.There are plenty of XF boards much larger and busier that run just fine on MySQL.

Of course there are. By the same logic, there are plenty of people got bent diving within limits, therefore it is incorrect to say that our decompression algorithms are safe.

(Yes, if you chose innodb over myisam during initial install and adjusted all the tunables just right, and didn;t forget lowercase-table-names while you were at it... and if Borland let interbase out mere 3 years earlier, mysql would likely not even exist today.)

Of course there are. By the same logic, there are plenty of people got bent diving within limits, therefore it is incorrect to say that our decompression algorithms are safe.

(Yes, if you chose innodb over myisam during initial install and adjusted all the tunables just right, and didn;t forget lowercase-table-names while you were at it... and if Borland let interbase out mere 3 years earlier, mysql would likely not even exist today.)
That would mean that your assumption that it's some black magic difficult process is correct. It's really not. Innodb has been the default for years. A little experience and it works fine. I've been doing it for many years on far bigger databases. At some point you want to look at storage speed and make sure you are on the correct hardware but MySql tuning is not difficult. MySql is also free. A lot of boards would not exist if they had to pay for a SQL server or Oracle license

I suggest you keep your comments to yourself if you lack the knowledge to improve the current situation. This is also your first and final warning on the matter.
Wow..... that's strict! So what happens if this person doesn't heed your first and final warning?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom