What’s up with Scubaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess my question for the Board......is......... Is this Myiaru character who issued their "Last and Final Warning" someone here on the Board that has some authority or is he/she just another regular member like the rest of us?

I believe that he is part of the technical team that has to deal with technical issues. We must understand that the admins of SB must be working really hard and around the clock to fix the issues. I am sure that they are much more frustrated than any of us here especially considering that they are volunteers.

My hat off to all of the SB staff and owners. I can only imagine their frustration and the anger they have to restrain since they not only have to deal with the issues, they also have to deal with us, the complaining users.

I will clarify that. I am a regular member like the rest of you, not a member of the modsquad. I do the technical stuff behind the board, and generally never interfere with any member behaviour on the board.
However, some people are on my radar for continuously complaining without contributing. The problems that plagued the board over the last weekend cost me a couple of hours on the phone with datacenter support, driving to a different location because of changed IP addresses combined with access restrictions on the server.
When I finally have have everything up and running again, and the same person immediately starts nagging again, I am very inclined to abuse "some authority" and block access for a while. Which would be a first.
Problem is that there are some folks in "authority" that have "thin skin" and can't handle anything said that isn't "their way". Just say'n!
Your remark actually puts a smile on my face. Yes I am human and sometimes somebody gets under my (occasionally thin) skin.

I will clarify that. I am a regular member like the rest of you, not a member of the modsquad. I do the technical stuff behind the board, and generally never interfere with any member behaviour on the board.
However, some people are on my radar for continuously complaining without contributing. The problems that plagued the board over the last weekend cost me a couple of hours on the phone with datacenter support, driving to a different location because of changed IP addresses combined with access restrictions on the server.
When I finally have have everything up and running again, and the same person immediately starts nagging again, I am very inclined to abuse "some authority" and block access for a while. Which would be a first.

Your remark actually puts a smile on my face. Yes I am human and sometimes somebody gets under my (occasionally thin) skin.
As long as you can chuckle in the face of adversity, the load can seem just a little bit lighter.
Black humor is often my way of dealing with even the worst outcomes.

Well I appreciate you! I've worked in IT my entire 30+ year career. It can be absolutely thankless. When there are issues, everyone has an opinion, and when everything is working as it should, no one typically gives you a second glance. So thank you!!

I am not with them, I don't even like them. I'd block them and make them clean up the dust from the servers and rewire the patch panels. 🤠

I am not with them, I don't even like them. I'd block them and make them clean up the dust from the servers and rewire the patch panels. 🤠

Back when I was a young gearhead and messed with cars, they got sent to the parts store on the other side of town to buy a bucket of compression.

Hey Miyaru....... That all makes sense now. When I posted my original question asking what would happen if someone didn't heed your last and final warning......... I had no way of knowing that you actually provide tech support for SB..... I thought you were just a regular member.

Anyway, thanks for the tech support!!!!! My guess is that it's a difficult task...... and no one ever notices when things are running smoothly! Thanks again your efforts!

The problems that plagued the board over the last weekend cost me a couple of hours on the phone with datacenter support, driving to a different location because of changed IP addresses combined with access restrictions on the server.
When there are issues, everyone has an opinion, and when everything is working as it should, no one typically gives you a second glance. So thank you!!
Have you tried switching it off and on again?

FWIW, it seems to be running a lot smoother now! :yeahbaby:

Edit: though, posting still takes a while...

Well I just drove 500 miles, visited some friends, along endless miles of secluded
beaches, went for a swim, the same tomorrow, and then I'll drive 500 miles more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom