What’s up with Scubaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joneill

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What’s going on with the site? Over the last couple of weeks, it seems like there have been very frequent site crashes where the site is unavailable for hours at a time and you just get a “unexpected database error” message. This issue seems to be getting more and more frequent?

I am wondering the same thing….

We have some db issues combined with an issue with our data center. We'll be updating the db server as well as a site update this weekend. We have no control over the data center issues, which takes the longest time.

We have some db issues combined with an issue with our data center. We'll be updating the db server as well as a site update this weekend. We have no control over the data center issues, which takes the longest time.

You mean, you're running on your own physical hardware, not the "cloud" VM infra?

Chinese hackers, me reckons.

You mean, you're running on your own physical hardware, not the "cloud" VM infra?

Oh, wait: Xenforo runs on MySQL? -- nevermind...

Thanks and understood.

Oh, wait: Xenforo runs on MySQL? -- nevermind...
I suggest you keep your comments to yourself if you lack the knowledge to improve the current situation. This is also your first and final warning on the matter.

My knowledge of the current situation is limited to the persistent "an unexpected database error occurred" messages; my knowledge of databases tells me that making MySQL perform at any kind of scale is dark magic with at best 50% success rate. Since you have no option but to deal with whatever XF runs in, you have my sincere sympathy.

Back
Top Bottom