Question "Page could not be loaded" Error Message when trying to access SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
BoltSnap

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I keep getting the error message in the attached picture frequently when trying to access SB. I have no issues with accessing other pages on the internet when this issue comes up with SB. I get the error message on my laptop as well as my phone using different internet providers and different web browsers. Other websites are accessible on all other browsers and internet services I use.

This issue started to occur over the last few months but is now happening more often and for longer duration. It happens several times during the day.

NOTE: I have done reboots and shutdowns but problem still persists.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 103024.jpg

My phone has been going crazy on this site with dozens of unwanted carriage returns. It might be a phone issue, but its not happening on other sites

Yes. I shut the app down on my iPhone and restart; Ditto with a browser. Seems to be a memory/cache issue. Pure guess.

I have done reboots and shutdowns but problem still persists.

.....still optimizing some settings, guided by error log messages. Do report any issue, preferrably with timestamps.

When the site manager says it is a server problem, not your web browser, I'm not sure why some folks keep trying local solutions.

For me it is because of the lag time between me being able to post a reply and my ability to read what others have posted. Not everyone is privileged to have an ultra mega high speed internet connection as you have in the US.

Perhaps you should be a little more diplomatic and considerate when people are reporting issues with the system. Your trying to police everyone with your militaristic attitude and scolding anyone that doesn't conform to your idea of how things should be run is getting old, tiresome and just down right obnoxious.

For me it is because of the lag time between me being able to post a reply and my ability to read what others have posted. Not everyone is privileged to have an ultra mega high speed internet connection as you have in the US.

Perhaps you should be a little more diplomatic and considerate when people are reporting issues with the system. Your trying to police everyone with your militaristic attitude and scolding anyone that doesn't conform to your idea of how things should be run is getting old, tiresome and just down right obnoxious.
Thanks for the input. I did look at the times on the postings; I would have though that 1h53min would have been plenty of time for you to have seen the critical message.

Back
Top Bottom