What's the lowdown on stainless, braided HP hoses ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum, it seemed about as close as I could get.
I'm surfing around the websites of a couple tech operations and noticed these braided steel high-pressure hoses, from Dive Rite, and was curious.
Dive Rite Stainless Steel Braided HP Hose | Dive Gear Express®
The ad says, "The Stainless Steel Braided HP Hose is ideal for heavy use applications such as sidemount and stage bottles".
They cost about twice what the regular rubber hoses cost,and i was wondering what the consensus on these things is. Un-necessary overkill? Or, good idea that's worth the money?
And, since we're here. I see that DGX shows the 9in. version as being sold out, leaving only the 6in.
I'd always just used the 6" ones (currently have a reg with one now). Are 9in. HP hoses (for stage and SM) all the rage now, and if so, why?
As always, thanks for any solid info.......

I use one for my transmitter on my doubles regs. It’s tied to my long hose with a bit of bungee cord. Works well to keep it from flopping around. Got the idea from another local diver (also a student of my tech instructor, so I got no opposition to doing it this way). My hose came from DRIS (my shop).

I had previously used a standard 6” rubber HP hose (on singles reg set) and it just stood out stiff. I much prefer this.

DDAF2CE5-1F84-4588-990E-0BCF862979E5.jpeg

Heathways thought that was a good idea back in the 70ies or 80ies. When they got abraded just a tad it made handling them very uncomfortable.

The price here is a bit more reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom