Lost Improperly Tightened 2nd-Stage Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So does my LP95...but it is not common in the US.
Sounds about right, I rarely (practically never) see this, or tanks like this used. You can order them new online fairly easily, although local scuba-shops don't tend to carry them.

By the way, I thought it would be appropriate to mention that purposely using a hand-only tightened second stage would most probably invalidate any product liability that the manufacturer would have for an incident where the second stage unscrewed underwater. You are assuming all the liability for this practice.

SeaRat

using a hand-only tightened second stage would most probably invalidate any product liability that the manufacturer would have for an incident where the second stage unscrewed underwater
...which is only fair.

Good to point this out, though.
There is too much of blaming others and too little of looking in the mirror in the world.

Do you have a picture of such a cylinder?

I am curious.
I use an old-school Y-valve on my old-school steel (PST) 72 (71.2 cu ft @ 2,475 psig). See pic here: Freedom Plate: First Dive.

I also used this Y-valve on my OMS (Faber) LP 125 (126 cu ft @ 2,640 psig)--once! It worked okay, but the cylinder is too tall (29") for this to be comfortable for me (6'2", with longish legs). And I really don't care for heavy 8" cylinders--even with my lovely SS Freedom Plate!

If Faber LP 85's (81.1 cu ft at 2,640 psig) ever again become available, I hope to try my Y-valve on one of these. I think this will work perfectly for me.

rx7diver

*#@&^#@!! I checked late last week, and these cylinders were still back-ordered.

And, so, I pulled the trigger on a pair of Faber LP 50's right after Paragon posted their availability here a couple of days ago. They are en route! I've been waiting to try them as replacements for my OMS LP 46's that I use with my double hose regulator and single-outlet, solid bar doubles manifold. And I've been wanting to try baby doubles (isolation manifolded doubles, and independent doubles), too

rx7diver

Do you have a picture of such a cylinder?

I am curious.
Almost identical to my one:
4e24a480-c953-4371-9744-9d18edfeb7dd.jpeg

As you can see, my one is quite vintage, it has also the reserve.
Here instead you see the modern version:
z_0GB841510_01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom