HP flex hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gopbroek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking for a HP flex hose for a SPG, which I use as a backup to an A/I transducer. I am impressed with the MiFlex line as the are small diameter and very flexible, the dow side is that they have become very pricey. About 10 years back I tried the DGX brand of HP double braided flex hoses and found them to be Ridgid when pressurized, much more so than a rubber or MiFlex style. I do like the DGX LP hoses.
Recently I have seen Blue Reef (leisure pro AKA scuba.com brand) HP flex hoses at less than half the price of MiFlex HP. Has anyone used them and can compare the two brands on diameter and flexibility?

I have been using the new DGE double braded for a couple of years and find the flexible. As a backup to your AI transmitter how often do you detach from d ring and look at it. If you look at it more than a couple of times in the first day of a week of diving you should use a long HP hose and attach to shoulder d ring so you can just look down and see it if you do not trust your transmitter. I use a pressure gauge on my single tank rig but trust transmitters alone on sidemount. It is only there as a backup not primary.

Ovr the years, I have come to the conclusion that the only reliable short HP hoses are made of rubber. MiFlex and the other new fangled hoses are not. Poseidon makes a thin rubber HP hose that works, nobody else does.

Michael
who has disposed of all of his old synthetic and MiFlex high and low pressure hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom