Question Connecting suunto transmitter via HP Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

compressR

New
Reaction score
Hey,

sorry upfront if my questions are really stupid.
I am quite new to hose connections in general and therefore don't have any knowledge so far.

What I want to achieve:
I would like to connect a Suunto Transmitter to my first stage via a 15cm HP Miflex hose.

So far, what I have resad: The Transmitter needs a flow restrictor, but actually does come with one.
But from what I understood, that's for screwing the transmitter directly into the first stage.

Can I use the included flow restrictor also when using a HP hose in between?
Where would I then place this flow restrictor? Between the transmitter and the HP-Hose, or between the HP-Hose and the first stage?
If I would need to guess, I would say: Between the first stage and the HP-Hose, as there is no need for "unrestricted" flow being possible in the HP hose at all.
(So in case my HP hose would fail/burst/rip, the leaking would be restricted?)
Is that assumption correct?

Then I have heard of the need of a swivel between the HP hose and the transmitter.
At least I read, that HP hose connections rely on a swivel being inserted, to actually be airtight, even when the "rotating feature" is not needed.
Does this apply here too? Mostly I read about swivels in the context of manual pressure gauges.

I hope you don't mind, that complete beginners post questions here too.

Thanks a lot
compressR

This thread might help.

The images in the OP show two different types of Flow restrictors. The one with a single O-ring is for direct attachment. The other is a more typical spool. This is the same as you would find between an SPG and a hose. The spool will go between the hose and the transmitter, there is likely another o-ring that goes outside the threads. This is only needed for direct attachment, so you won't need this for hose attachment.

Welcome to da board. The above link is good.

To attach to a hose.

1. Remove o-ring on the transmitter.
2. Insert a "spool" into the transmitter.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.27.10 AM.png

3. Screw hose and transmitter together.
4. Attach hose to first stage.
5. Go diving.

Back
Top Bottom