Question What’s going on with Deep 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Doctor Rig

Doctor Rig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Several years ago, Deep 6, had a strong presence and brand support on SB. I’ve got one of their regs and other products, which I’m still very happy with. In 2020, Deep 6 withdrew active participation within SB and since then I’ve seen far fewer communications and product promotions from Deep 6.

Does anyone know what is going on with Deep 6? Just wondering.

Solution
Hey folks, Chris here.

To clear up a couple things.

I am still a shareholder at Deep 6, that isn't changing. In another few weeks my family and I are headed off to travel and do some adventures. My daughter is 15 and we have decided it's time. We will be diving, doing some school (kid and me, I have a couple classes and a MBA thesis to write), and generally doing a sabbatical.

So, I won't be involved in the day to day stuff. I will still do shareholder meetings, input in strategic direction, and the most fun for me, product development. But, yeah, I will not be a Deep 6 shareholder AND employee, just shareholder.

Regarding why we have been posting less in SB, which is something that has always been important to me. About 3 years...
We do make a tech computer - see our coming release of firmware for the excursion. Lol

For everybody in anticipation, the Ex II is going to be killer.

I dived it a few months back and was pretty jazzed about all that capabiity in a stripped down, utilitarian format at a competitive price.

Dive deeper, safer.

Gitchasummat!

Thank you, there is a touch of Canadian values as well... :p:

I typed that post from my phone and was trying to save on words.

I thought "Chris won't read this....he's probably passed out from a hummus overdose and he's in a time zone 8 hours away."

Dang it!

They don’t do LDS.

Actually, we do.

We have multiple sales channels, including online, LDS, and affiliate instructors.

We started online only 7 years ago, but since then we have expanded quite a bit. However, we have been relatively selective when choosing dive shops as resellers.

Actually, we do.

We have multiple sales channels, including online, LDS, and affiliate instructors.

We started online only 7 years ago, but since then we have expanded quite a bit. However, we have been relatively selective when choosing dive shops as resellers.
Without doing the work myself.... any Seattle/Tacoma area LDS with your gear?

Actually, we do.

My instructor’s shop sells the Eddy fins, but last time I checked it wasn’t shown on the last. I reached out and Landon told me the reseller directory needed to be updated.

What is the "right" answer? Lots, or just a few? How about, "enough"?
I actually dont think too hard about how many emloyees they have. I know when I need something they are quick and responsive to help me out that is really all I am concerned about. Cheers!

I actually dont think too hard about how many emloyees they have. I know when I need something they are quick and responsive to help me out that is really all I am concerned about. Cheers!
Agreed. That is in the category of "enough," I think!

Not to revive an older thread, but after reading through, I have to echo the superior customer service from Landon and Chris. I got back into scuba a couple of years ago and outfitted with a lot of D6 gear, including regs, suits, excursion and pretty much everything else they sell.

I had a problem setting up some gear, sent an email and @LandonL text me, then called me on my cell phone in the early evening. Nothing but love for those guys. Now only if I were diving more than once per year....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom